thelawenforcer

Reflex Double 1v1 TurboCup - Saturday 20th August @ 1900CEST

12 posts in this topic

THIS IS A BIT OF AN EXPERIMENTAL CUP - Its called DoubleCup because after the groupstages, two parallel brackets will be run - one for the top2 from each group, and one for the bottom 2 from each group. This way, even players that have no chance of winning the Procup, do have a chance to win the Funcup! This is likely to be challenging from an organisational point of view, so any assistance would be welcome!

There are some mappool changes from last week - 421 replaces Simplicity (thcdm13).

gibcup.jpg

DATE: 20/08/2016 

TIME: 1900CEST with checkin @ 1800CEST

GAMETYPE: 1v1

SLOTS: No limit

FORMAT: Round Robin Group Stage into Single Elimination Playoff - further details below in 'Match Format'

SIGNUP HERE: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/uW0UWs6X5c

BRACKETS HERE: http://challonge.com/doubleturbocup

DISCORD SERVER: http://discord.gg/e34sARf 

MAP POOL: 

-The Catalyst (thct7)
    -Furnace (dp5)
    -Pocket Infinity (thct2)
    -Fortune (421)
    -Static Discharge

General Rules:

The tournament will be hosted on the ReflexTurbocup Discord server: https://discord.gg/e34sARf

All participants are requested to be present on the Discord server upon checking in.

Default duel mode currently in the game using the competitive ruleset (no item timers).

Unsporting behaviour may be penalised.
Any attempt to bypass the ruleset will result in disqualification from the cup.

Be autonomous, contact your opponent, play your match, report the score on discord and on the Challonge webpage.

Match Format :
Players will be seeded and split into 4 groups of 4. Everybody plays 2 maps against each opponent. Map win = 1 point. Top2 from each group progress to single elimination bracket with BO3. The Grand Final will be played BO5.

Map  Picking system :
Use the 'roll' command to determine which player drops first. (Player with the highest roll is the roll Winner)

W: Roll winner
L: Roll loser

Group Stage: Pick(W) - Pick(L)
SingleElimBO3 : Drop(L) - Drop(W) - Pick(W) - Pick(L) - The last map is the tiebreaker map (Maps are played in order of picks).

GrandFinalsBO5: Pick(W) - Pick(L) - Drop(L) - Drop(W). The remaining map is played for the 3rd map. If the game remains unresolved after 3 maps the order proceeds: Dropped(W) - Dropped (L).

Servers/non EU players :
No unauthorized spectators will be allowed on the servers
Any server can be used as long as both opponents agree and only if the server records replays can be accessed. (NA players are allowed, they'll however have to play on EU servers if facing an EU opponent)

Admins :
thelawenforcer

CrazyAl, banReflex, ketku and 11 others like this

Kyto wins for the 3rd time in a row! Lunokhod improves to 2nd! Lugia 3rd!

ProCup and GroupStage results:

http://challonge.com/doubleturbocup

As for the FunCup:

Recluse won 3:1 over Kimi_AHK! Diili 3rd!

Full results here: 

http://challonge.com/Reflexfuncup1

Thanks to everyone that took part, see you next week! The announcement thread for that will come out tomorrow.

Pill_, Greed, ketku and 1 other like this

Super glad @Pill_ casted this, thanks man! I was out with friends yesterday so couldn't cast, although I really wanted to. But, y'know, priorities :P Should be ok to cast the 2v2 tourney next week though. Not 100% though, more like 90%.

I was thinking of making a weekly streaming event, when I cast random 1v1 games, and maybe ask top players if they can keep a slot of time free in the hope that I can cast them. I don't stream much at all, i prefer focusing on my Youtube channel, but I really like the interactive side of streaming, so I was thinking of saying, Idk, Friday or Saturday nights at 8pm or so. Not a guaranteed weekly cast, but it means you can check if I'm streaming around that time. Let me know if that sounds like a good idea! I gotta practice anyway, difference scenes and what not :P

ketku likes this

34 minutes ago, Jaguar said:

I was thinking of making a weekly streaming event, when I cast random 1v1 games, and maybe ask top players if they can keep a slot of time free in the hope that I can cast them. I don't stream much at all, i prefer focusing on my Youtube channel, but I really like the interactive side of streaming, so I was thinking of saying, Idk, Friday or Saturday nights at 8pm or so. Not a guaranteed weekly cast, but it means you can check if I'm streaming around that time. Let me know if that sounds like a good idea! I gotta practice anyway, difference scenes and what not :P

sounds good for me! I'd be happy to play, provided that i qualify as a "top player" :D

Jaguar likes this

So unfortunately, the finals won't upload to youtube for some reason, so you'll have to use the twitch highlight instead (right here). The rest of the games I managed to catch are on this playlist: 

If you only have time for one game, I'd recommend watching the semi finals between Kyto and Fuglaa. Apologies for the vacuum cleaner sound, my PC fan doesn't like it when I stream.

Jaguar and Warlord Wossman like this

hey guys, the reason the cup series is being delayed is because im currently in the process of moving. im not sure exactly what day i will move out/move in yet, and nor when i will have the internet set up in such a way that i can effectively admin the cup etc

as such, i dont want to announce a cup, and then not be able to be there to run it. 

if someone else is able to volunteer to run it this one time though, that would also be cool.