shooter

Reflex 0.46.1

26 posts in this topic

Hey lads, just a quick patch today to fix some critical issues, and address some initial feedback.

Training:

• Turrets now properly reset on callvote restart
  • Turrets now properly damage players in training + race gamemode
  • Fixed bug where it says you obtained this time on an older version even if you've never played it
  • Grenades will no longer explode when they hit the wrong target type
  • Hitting 3 rocket targets in a row will now award precision
  • Hitting all pellets on a shotgun target will now award point blank
  • Shooting multiple bolt targets will now award double penetration
  • Changing to editor now disqualifies your run from the leaderboards

Experimental:

• Experimental ruleset timelimits now same as competitive timelimits
  • Stake launcher: projectile speed was 4000 now 3000, reload time was 1250ms now 1100ms, stake damage was 110 now 100, stake gravity was 700 now 600, stake projectile is now glowing hot to be more visible

Art:

• Added ammo LODs for performance gains
  • Turret art: fixed triangulation on guard panels, originally designed holes now visible

UI:

• Reduced state text size in friends list
  • Friends list sort should now be consistent
Ramagan, KvanttE, Flakx and 20 others like this

So basically stake is harder to hit and damage even then lowered,for god sake TurboPixel , though u can not fuck this up :(  From stake and hit scan bolt , now is only 20 damage difference,are u for real ? 110 was absolute minimum already

Aletheia likes this

13 hours ago, shooter said:
  • Turrets now properly damage players in training + race gamemode

Thanks for that quick update. Its really fun to make race maps with torrets and shootables.

I just have one mroe requestB): Add a race mode where torrets projectiles give you speed, but you dont take any damage (also interesting for team race mode / team tricking )

Here is a quick example. With collecting health/armor all the time its not that much fun.

Yasashii, banReflex, Grybzt and 2 others like this

Guess I'd better write a script of some sort to automate updating and restarting my servers..! Nice turnaround time on those bugfixes devs!

5 hours ago, NicholasWalters said:

So basically stake is harder to hit and damage even then lowered,for god sake TurboPixel , though u can not fuck this up :(  From stake and hit scan bolt , now is only 20 damage difference,are u for real ? 110 was absolute minimum already

https://www.reddit.com/r/reflex/comments/4zjc68/experimental_feedback_post_stake_edition/

Maybe take it there, Gil is saying the opposite to you I believe :)

stake is still fucking OP. the dmg is way to high

i could have stayed like in 0.46.0 but with like 80 dmg

1 hour ago, def said:

stake is still fucking OP. the dmg is way to high

i could have stayed like in 0.46.0 but with like 80 dmg

I feel like it'd be pretty useless pretty fast, except if the ammo is upped.

NicholasWalters likes this

24 minutes ago, Terifire said:

I feel like it'd be pretty useless pretty fast, except if the ammo is upped.

Yep, i would rather tweak the reload time at this point if it needs a little nerf since the damage should be at least 100 imo. Promeus had a sick spawnfrag on me earlier on Ruin where he preshot a spawn.

I think if it is still too strong (we will have to test way more to know tho imo) I would start uping the reload time in 100ms steps.

In general duel maps would more or less have stake or bolt while you can hand stake out way easier than bolt in tdm or ctf since it gets way harder to hit on long ranges. For team modes the gun would suffer a lot if the damage would be lower than 100 (pretty sick that a quad stake does pretty much 1 hit everything if you got no resist on your map).

The gun might not be the biggest thing for duel even if it helps creating maps with different style but for teammodes and race it's a blessing for the weapon sandbox and I can't wait to see maps that build around the stake gun (smiledm1 update when?)

i can only speak of the matches i had with terifire, coz i didnt play any other duels

i would say 30% of all spawns i had i got instantly spawnraped by stake at cpm22

then of course flick shots all over. tbh he used it as if it was bolt just with more dmg 

sure its a bit harder to hit with, but when u got used to it, it deals way too much dmg

11 minutes ago, def said:

i can only speak of the matches i had with terifire, coz i didnt play any other duels

i would say 30% of all spawns i had i got instantly spawnraped by stake at cpm22

then of course flick shots all over. tbh he used it as if it was bolt just with more dmg 

sure its a bit harder to hit with, but when u got used to it, it deals way too much dmg

To best honest aerowalk is a broken mess anyway.

I think Stake should be more an utility weapon, than damage weapon. So faster reload time, less damage. Currently it's way to slow to properly use it to extra jump. And it's just strange Bolt brother, and nobody is using it as utility. 

My dream for Stake to be second starter weapon that does 20 damage and has 700ms reload time. I really want it to be utility, we have already enough damage weapons.

Ammazzabanane likes this

24 minutes ago, Terifire said:

So many people saying it's just a second bolt, time to remove bolt perhaps? :D

No saying that any of them are bad. I just think Stake should be focused around utility, not damage. Just my opinion :)

1 hour ago, Terifire said:

So many people saying it's just a second bolt, time to remove bolt perhaps? :D

That's a decision best left to the mappers, imo.

EDIT: How does Calendar play w/ stake instead of bolt?

19 minutes ago, Monti said:

Why do we have training leaderboards but no race leaderboards? If you made it for training, isnt it very easy to put into race mode, too ??

To save lives, Monti. I spent entirely too long -- abandoning all sense of responsibility and time-management -- on the training map #1 trying to beat all my friends' times... and that was just a training map. Imagine if you added that functionality for race! There's no telling what the human toll would be if the devs unleashed race mode leaderboards upon the world.

Greed, /fragile and Monti like this

I think Stake is fine like it is. It should deal somewhat great damage to be useful in fights imo. If people keep complaining all the time I would make it 99 damage to make it harder to spawnkill with. Or maybe let people spawn with 125 hp which count down to 100. But really I'm not a friend of spawnprotection. I prefer quick fights, nice damage and lots of frags on both sides. In my opinion it's more fun. In my opinion reflex already is slightly too strategy- and timing-/cycling-based.

3 hours ago, Monti said:

Why do we have training leaderboards but no race leaderboards? If you made it for training, isnt it very easy to put into race mode, too ??

This would be great. I really enjoy race mode, as do many others. I think it has a lot of potential. It is almost like a completely different type of game. I can put some chill music on and race around a bit, or I can focus a bit more (and probably turn the music off if I'm feeling super competitive), and run around fragging people. I'm sure the devs plan to give race mode some love later on down the line, but since this leaderboard feature has been implemented for the training mode, hopefully it won't be too much work to make it work in race mode. Leaderboards per race map! :D That'd be fantastic. Hopefully a simple enough job that it might get squeezed into the schedule sooner, rather than later...

*hopeful face* ;)

On 26/08/2016 at 10:45 PM, lolograde said:

To save lives, Monti. I spent entirely too long -- abandoning all sense of responsibility and time-management -- on the training map #1 trying to beat all my friends' times... and that was just a training map. Imagine if you added that functionality for race! There's no telling what the human toll would be if the devs unleashed race mode leaderboards upon the world.

Guess we'll just have to find out the toll then ;)

/fragile, Jaguar, Yasashii and 1 other like this

On 8/26/2016 at 3:50 AM, Warlord Wossman said:

Yep, i would rather tweak the reload time at this point if it needs a little nerf since the damage should be at least 100 imo. Promeus had a sick spawnfrag on me earlier on Ruin where he preshot a spawn.

I think if it is still too strong (we will have to test way more to know tho imo) I would start uping the reload time in 100ms steps.

In general duel maps would more or less have stake or bolt while you can hand stake out way easier than bolt in tdm or ctf since it gets way harder to hit on long ranges. For team modes the gun would suffer a lot if the damage would be lower than 100 (pretty sick that a quad stake does pretty much 1 hit everything if you got no resist on your map).

The gun might not be the biggest thing for duel even if it helps creating maps with different style but for teammodes and race it's a blessing for the weapon sandbox and I can't wait to see maps that build around the stake gun (smiledm1 update when?)

don't know how to quote from other threads... @Smilecythe he wrote "  I'm pushing a new version as soon as we get stake launcher weapon/ammo spawns :D "

for this map http://reflexfiles.com/file/216

in case it's the one you mean... but I guess his statement would apply on his other stake maps too...

On 8/26/2016 at 11:52 AM, Grybzt said:

I think Stake should be more an utility weapon, than damage weapon. So faster reload time, less damage. Currently it's way to slow to properly use it to extra jump. And it's just strange Bolt brother, and nobody is using it as utility. 

My dream for Stake to be second starter weapon that does 20 damage and has 700ms reload time. I really want it to be utility, we have already enough damage weapons.

imagine in ffa all the map clustered with stakes all the time, teleporters blocked with stakes, constantly your movement gets interrupted by stakes on the map, all/many hard jump being easy... game broken... in my opinion...