Kev!

King of America #2 - Sunday, September 18, 2016 - Reflex Duel (1v1) Tournament

82 posts in this topic

koa2.png

It is time to dethrone King Thump4 and his three knights: lolograde, Santile, and Hoyt!

King of America #2

Prizes based on donation and support from the players and fans from all around the world!

Prizes increase the incentive for more players to join!

Donate Here!

$178.20 in Prizes paid to a top 4 payout.

1. 50% +$100
  2. 20%
  3. 15%
  4. 10%

5% from each event will be contributed to the Championship pot that will be held sometime in the future.

Donations: lolograde ($8.20), Matt ($50), Jean-Paul ($10), Flying Spaghetti Monster ($10), Kev! ($100 to the King)

DATE: Sunday, September 18, 2016 

TIME: 1100 (pacific) 1400 (eastern) - Check-in at 0900-1100

Discord server will be the main Reflex channel to meet with other players. Use PM to avoid global spam or use the #pickups-na side-channel.

GAMETYPE: Duel 1v1

SLOTS: No limit

FORMAT: Double Elimination 10 minute games best of 3 with 2 minute overtimes

SIGNUP HERE:  http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/d5INsb1R2A

BRACKETS HERE: http://challonge.com/ReflexKOA2

MAP POOL: 

• The Catalyst (blue - thct7)
  • Furnace (dp5)
  • Pocket Infinity (thct2)
  • Fortune (421)
  • Static Discharge
  • Simplicity
  • Ruin

General Rules:

Default duel mode currently in the game using the experimental ruleset (no item timers).

Unsporting behavior may be penalized.
Any attempt to bypass the rule set will result in disqualification from the cup.

Be autonomous, contact your opponent, play your match, report the score on the Challonge webpage.

Fake nicks will be removed from the tournament.

Map Picking system :

Seeds (determined by Kev! and previous KoA events) will determine the map picking order.

• Higher seed drops a map from the pool,
  • Lower seed drops a map from the pool,
  • Higher seed drops a map from the pool,
  • Lower seed drops a map from the pool,
  • Higher seed picks a map from the remaining Map Pool,
  • Lower seed picks a different map from the remaining Map Pool,
  • if a 3rd map is required, the last remaining map in the pool will be played. 

Servers/non American players :
No unauthorized spectators will be allowed on the servers unless players agree on spectators
Any server can be used as long as both opponents agree. Fairness first, if fighting outside of America - players will agree or American soil trumps the unreasonable, however - the American dueler must choose a server that is most fair for their opponent. America includes North America, South America and Latin America.

Admins :
Kev!

Last tourney: 1st place: Thump4, 2nd place: lolograde, 3rd place: Santile, 4th place: Hoyt

Mot, Grybzt, klyph0rd and 4 others like this

58 minutes ago, thelawenforcer said:
  1. 50%
  2. 20%
  3. 15%
  4. 10%

= 95%?

5% admin fee... Though, I guess he removed that sentence from posting???

I asked klyph0rd if he was gonna cast another one of these if it happens and he said that he was iffy about it because it drains a person, especially solo casting. That being said, if anyone is willing to stream the games, you should post your twitch on here, reddit, or discord to get the word out. As for anyone that is gonna attempt to solo cast or try to have a co cast, I would be willing to cast some games again, if i'm not too busy. But let's hope sane doesn't dodge this one :^).

lolograde likes this

This looks like a reflex original map pool.  Awesome dude.  Now audiences may be able to reference reflex itself instead of referencing it in association with games from the past... ;-)

Crypto, Grybzt and KangaJoo like this

28 minutes ago, Thump4 said:

This looks like a reflex original map pool.  Awesome dude.  Now audiences may be able to reference reflex itself instead of referencing it in association with games from the past... ;-)

Or future!  B-)

I will be collecting 5% from each event. During the championship event all of those little 5%'s will hopefully add up to a larger "Championship Prize." I hope this clarifies the missing 5%. Also... I am thinking up other ways to raise funds for the players.

Non-profit guys, relax and play Reflex.

10 hours ago, Kev! said:

I will be collecting 5% from each event. During the championship event all of those little 5%'s will hopefully add up to a larger "Championship Prize." I hope this clarifies the missing 5%. Also... I am thinking up other ways to raise funds for the players.

Non-profit guys, relax and play Reflex.

fair enough, you should clarify that though as i kinda assumed you either made a maths mistake, or were pocketing the 5% - its not like people do dodgy shit over the internet when it comes to money... but otherwise it sounds like a good idea!

I noticed somebody thinks they are funny and registered as "king" in the tournament bracket. Fake nicks will be removed from the tournament prior to starting unless you can prove your nick is not fake. Thanks. 

Fake nicks ruin seeded events.

21 minutes ago, Kev! said:

I noticed somebody thinks they are funny and registered as "king" in the tournament bracket. Fake nicks will be removed from the tournament prior to starting unless you can prove your nick is not fake. Thanks. 

Fake nicks ruin seeded events.

I believe that he is the actual American player called @king. Unless you don't know him and therefore considered this a fake nick (?).

Anyway, king's Challonge user account also states that he played in 2 of sane's cups in the past: http://challonge.com/users/kingspinda

He hangs out on Discord, too.

Excellent, thank you. I want to be safe for every user. I am an outsider in the community and am still familiarizing myself with all of the players.

It is also a good reminder for everyone else registering... please do not use fake nicks because your registration will not count :)

I am doing the seeds by myself and based on only what I have seen in the very little time that I have played this game. I played very briefly a year ago in one of sane's cups as well... and I love to follow tournament results (which is hard to come by for North American Reflex players). I will be adding more weight to players that have participated in the King of America cup series.

Don't think I am going to be inaccurate either - I will consult individuals in the community if I am unsure on how to seed someone. I am a mathematically driven individual and will try my best to seed as fair as possible. No bias to my brother (Thump4) - he will probably get seed 1 in this tournament solely because.... well he won the first one.

For the sake of clarification, if experimental gets updated and the good current experimental changes are pushed to competitive, will we still be using the newest experimental?

Also, if you guys have played in previous Reflex tournaments in the past - please link me. All of that information will be very useful when I generate the final seedings.

28 minutes ago, Kev! said:

I am doing the seeds by myself and based on only what I have seen in the very little time that I have played this game. I played very briefly a year ago in one of sane's cups as well... and I love to follow tournament results (which is hard to come by for North American Reflex players). I will be adding more weight to players that have participated in the King of America cup series.

Don't think I am going to be inaccurate either - I will consult individuals in the community if I am unsure on how to seed someone. I am a mathematically driven individual and will try my best to seed as fair as possible. No bias to my brother (Thump4) - he will probably get seed 1 in this tournament solely because.... well he won the first one.

Simplest and best solution: just poll the community. Create a Google Docs spreadsheet and, once you have the final list of participants, message a few folks to each assign them seeds (1 to N players). After everyone's input, you'd seed from lowest to highest scores. If Thump4 gets unanimously seeded 1, then he'll have the lowest score. Etc.

Eventually you can rely on tournament results but since there's only a single tournament which was based on random seeds, I think that's not really fair to some players. Especially players who did not participate in the previous tournament who might get an unfair seed. For the sake of generating the most entertaining matches, I'd say spend a few extra moments to get the seeds right. 

can we get on mumble and have our friends spec the matches and tell us exact time of items and exact location and health of opponent? You guys doin that right? Just wana make sure of speccing rules

wrjthe likes this

1 hour ago, sane said:

Not that it will matter vs me lol. I just wana be fair to everyone else

If you actually showed up, that is.

Kev! likes this

sane, - in response to specs and players timing for one another - if players do not want specs, no specs. That is why many of the higher level games were held in a private server with just Klyph0rd (shoutcasting with a 30 second delay - at least). So I am not sure what or who you are referring to? Also, if you need help timing - call me and I can teach you math fundamentals.

For seeds - I will entertain what everyone has to say about seeds and consider using that data. 

Everyone please take this survey

https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/P3iLo8

sane and lolograde like this

25 minutes ago, Kev! said:

sane, - in response to specs and players timing for one another - if players do not want specs, no specs. That is why many of the higher level games were held in a private server with just Klyph0rd (shoutcasting with a 30 second delay - at least). So I am not sure what or who you are referring to? Also, if you need help timing - call me and I can teach you math fundamentals.

I'm not sure he knows what/who he is referring to either. If he does, he's being quite bashful about it. 

It was a simple joke. I love you all. And I have no issues with the kev. He's a beast love ya. Kev is the cool mature brother