Kev!

King of America #2 - Sunday, September 18, 2016 - Reflex Duel (1v1) Tournament

82 posts in this topic

sane: Is it safe to assume you are the survey respondent that ranked my brother (Thump4) as seed 35 of 35?

Guys - If I see clear trolling... I'm just going to delete your response. This is why I like to do things on my own; It just feels more intelligent.

Basically.... if the person that took the survey looks like they don't have a clue of who these people are.... I will most likely discard their results. I've also been noticing people just place a few people in the top 6-7 or so and don't even touch the rest. This hugely taints community driven seeding - so please, if you have not taken the survey - spend more time than sane did on his. He basically moved himself to seed 1 and Thump4 at seed 35. Pretty childish if you ask me.

hmmm I didn't take the survey but ima bout to if you need a screenshot with my results before accusing <3

57 minutes ago, Kev! said:

Basically.... if the person that took the survey looks like they don't have a clue of who these people are.... I will most likely discard their results. I've also been noticing people just place a few people in the top 6-7 or so and don't even touch the rest. This hugely taints community driven seeding - so please, if you have not taken the survey - spend more time than sane did on his. He basically moved himself to seed 1 and Thump4 at seed 35. Pretty childish if you ask me.

I'd take the survey but I don't know the skills of many on the list and there is no option to leave them blank to just let the people who have seen them play rank them accurately. Other people probably think the same and that may be why they only did the top 6-7.

Hey Crypto, just pm me a ranked list of players you do know. 

-Thanks, Kev!

sane - will you please just show up this time? I'll correct the seeds if anything looks out of line. Whether it was you or not... it was childish (for whoever did do it).

Kevin, you are doing a damn good job by taking community input.

There is a saying that you should praise in public and reprimand in private.  However, there is a known exception to this when you are dealing with a known plague... I am obviously praising you, brother, but now it's time to publicly reprimand someone.  A true violation of the rule.

Simply put: you can't expect a 5 foot tall / skinny / antisocial kid, who steals peoples money online, to give you valid results in anything.  Serp and Break told me everything about the real-life anton aka 'sane'.  You should not negotiate with a jackanapes like him (or her?).  There are reasons he bailed on a bunch of LANs throughout the years, and there are reasons he did not show up for Quakecon.  He can grow some confidence by not no-showing for an online event (should be no-big-deal when you don't have to go out in public) where he can't rely on little timers on the side of the reflex screen to make the tactical decisions for him.

I remember I won CAL painkiller in 2004, and still I had to play Stermy in round 1 of the first painkiller LAN USA qualifier.  I manned up and I played him - I started off winning 7-0 and his whole Italian entourage and management began screaming at him like the russian team screaming at Ivan Drago in Rocky 4.  Yes, I got seedfucked.  But Stermy was also seedfucked because he had to play the winner of CAL painkiller in round 1 (single elimination).

So good job on taking a survey and getting community input on seeds.  This will allow a known jackanapes the opportunity to NOT get seedfucked round 1.

As I am the human reincarnate of Quake, i.e. I can feel Quake Champions calling my soul, I will accept any seed and I will play through it like a Quake Dinosaur - a true Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Kev! likes this

thump4s been a whiny rager his whole gaming career. I could show and say a lot of things but sane is actually a very nice and HAWT person, so i'll just ignore the children of the corn and stay SANE

No shows have always bugged me.  It's as if people sign up for shits and giggles, and when a piece of ass open up that day, they go running.

Intent to play, as in, intent with a high priority, should be rank-and-file these days.  The default action.  

Sane is a great player.  Sane has a sense of humor.  I don't automatically assume people to be who they were from long ago.  But that's just me. 

Looking forward to the tournament.  And if trankevin would play again, that would be even better.  Obviously one of the better players.

I'd love to seed players, but I don't know the skill of most of them.  I run around aimlessly on ffa too much.   lolo, guilt, azk, sane, thump seem about top 5 to me.  An entirely worthless contribution, but hey...

sane likes this

421 (clean), a clean version of fortune, has been released due to a couple of complaints by a few players.

you might wanna ask for general consense and swap it with regular 421 given its designed for more competitive play, high visibility and high framerate :)

KangaJoo likes this

23 minutes ago, Ammazzabanane said:

421 (clean), a clean version of fortune, has been released due to a couple of complaints by a few players.

you might wanna ask for general consense and swap it with regular 421 given its designed for more competitive play, high visibility and high framerate :)

Please don't start playing on super ugly maps, I am happy enough that we use the nice versions of t2 and t7 here.
I think the game will do better if we don't play on blank maps which look like crap for newer people.

A. Benz and Delementary like this

54 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Please don't start playing on super ugly maps, I am happy enough that we use the nice versions of t2 and t7 here.
I think the game will do better if we don't play on blank maps which look like crap for newer people.

Well YOU are, but apparently not everyone is. plus dont tell me, it wasnt me complaining about the map i worked roughly one third of my life on, I just made the clean map version because some good players complained about it not being playable above refresh rate as it was, so thats all im saying. Its known that usually good players of afps prefer high visibility, framerate and clean visuals so i just thought i could write here since some of the people complaining might play the tournament.

I know multiple people who wouldn't play 421 because they don't get enough fps. I'd say having a map people can play is better than having one they can't.

I wish the nice-looking one ran better, though. It's beautiful

Duck likes this

421 Clean has a brush inconsistency on the left side above red that stops a telly jump to grab red and zoom up and out on the left side. I think the two maps should be identical if you are going to swap them out interchangeably in the tournament.  

Greed likes this

Anyone know Motfy? Never saw him online before outside of a tournament over a year ago. Fake nick? Help me out.

Since when did the Reflex forums become eHarmony?

Take note, casters: The bromance between @sane and @Thump4 might serve for an interesting contextual backdrop to a grand final matchup. Will Thump4 throw his matches out of a love that is tragically unrequited? Or will sane, sensing the truth in Thump4's claim as the personification of Quake, seek to be the Hephaestion to Thump4's Alexander?

Kev! likes this