Kev!

King of America #2 - Sunday, September 18, 2016 - Reflex Duel (1v1) Tournament

82 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Kev! said:

I think we can try to add a donation % to the casters next tourney? Anyways - I was pretty upset at the European harassment about the prize structure. I mean... I put up $100 of my own money for the 1st place prize. Got nothing but complaints... So maybe I just won't do that anymore. Very sour community support from the Euros when Ramagan lost it was nothing but rage and complaints and insults toward me directly. So maybe I just won't let them play in my cups anymore.

Thanks for showing up to all the players that did. I had a lot of fun smack talking and watching great duels. 

I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just state the obvious.

This tournament is probably the worse one I've ever played organization wise.

- Servers : No dedicated servers, no planning

- Stream/casting : No official stream/casting setted up before the beginning of the tournament

- Communication : No official discord server (you genuinely thought that using the main global discord channel would be a good idea ?)

- Prize pool : You taking 5% of the donations for """future events""" is simply a scam, people can donate for future events accordingly, stop pretending you'll be saving this money for future prize pools.

Going on then in twitch chat saying that Europeans didn't "support the players" because they didn't contribute to your scam is also hilarious.

- Prize pool distribution : 1st place gets 139.1$ (0.5*78.2+100), 2nd place gets 15.64$. Even though you said it beforehand, it doesn't make it less idiotic. I'm not playing cups or Reflex for the money, but this kind of distribution is not going to attract top players to your tournament.

- Administration : Inexistant and disgraceful, not to mention that you spent the duration of the tournament in my twitch chat or the other stream's talking shit about pretty much everything.

Yes you will get complaints whatever you do or try to host, most of them are legitimate, this is the internet, you either need to grow a pair or quit (The latter would be the better option in your case).

I've hosted 2 major EU tournaments in the past (the second one is the one which you copy/pasted the rules from remember ?) and almost received nothing but positive feedback, maybe there is a reason ? 

Don't even start ranting about how great you are in real life because no one cares, it was quite funny and pathetic on the discord though.

Br1ftch.png

Same goes for your degenerate brother Thump4.

On a positive note, I enjoyed playing against some of the NA guys, was good fun even with my ping, thanks to everyone that signed up and congratz to Necrophag1st !

3 hours ago, Ramagan said:

Yes you will get complaints whatever you do or try to host, most of them are legitimate, this is the internet, you either need to grow a pair or quit (The latter would be the better option in your case).

I do agree with most of your feedback, especially coming from CSGO where a tournament would never have any of these issues. However, I, and I'm sure many other people, would be disappointed if he stopped hosting these. This was a lot of fun to play in and watch, and getting a chance to play a tournament in NA is a really valuable experience to me. Besides, it's not like they're going to get worse with time :)

klyph0rd likes this

13 minutes ago, DrLejos said:

I do agree with most of your feedback, especially coming from CSGO where a tournament would never have any of these issues. However, I, and I'm sure many other people, would be disappointed if he stopped hosting these. This was a lot of fun to play in and watch, and getting a chance to play a tournament in NA is a really valuable experience to me. Besides, it's not like they're going to get worse with time :)

nonono you'll never convince anyone of something unless you include some shittalk or passive aggressive comments in your post; haven't you seen the other posts in this thread??

DrLejos likes this

I'm gonna be honest here and say that if it wasn't for dr0 showing up out of the blue and letting me cast with him, there wouldn't have been no stream. From what some people told me, you didn't even have a twitch set/obs set up either. If you plan on hosting these cups, and plan on having people cast, please make sure you have a twitch setup and obs set up correctly. Having all that done days before a cup is pretty nice and it saves a ton of hassle. That's just my two sense coming from a casters point of view. 

On 9/19/2016 at 7:11 AM, Ramagan said:

- Servers : No dedicated servers, no planning Thump4 donated 2 servers to be used solely for the tournament and they were regularly used.

- Stream/casting : No official stream/casting setted up before the beginning of the tournament I had it set up but was getting last minute errors, after someone already set it up I just said screw it. My stream even went live very briefly. I was planning on casting with lone.

- Communication : No official discord server (you genuinely thought that using the main global discord channel would be a good idea ?) NA pickups was used and is what I was telling players to use when asked.

- Prize pool : You taking 5% of the donations for """future events""" is simply a scam, people can donate for future events accordingly, stop pretending you'll be saving this money for future prize pools. A scam huh? For what? My personal gain? I donated $100 you moron. More than all other player contributions in the entire Reflex community combined. I think the 5% adds up to something like $10 after two events. Great logic there guy. Not really a logical comment - don't know what else to say other than I'm trying to get a larger purse for a larger event to attract bigger names than Ramagan?

Going on then in twitch chat saying that Europeans didn't "support the players" because they didn't contribute to your scam is also hilarious. (Euros love to watch and take advantage of great opportunities) - the donation support system is there for both players and spectators to support the players that have dedicated a lot of time to "get decent." I was only saying that in response to the harassment I was getting for putting up $100 to the KING only. If Europeans want to complain about something they didn't contribute to... then stay in your own cups. Euros are banned from my cups in the future anyways.

- Prize pool distribution : 1st place gets 139.1$ (0.5*78.2+100), 2nd place gets 15.64$. Even though you said it beforehand, it doesn't make it less idiotic. I'm not playing cups or Reflex for the money, but this kind of distribution is not going to attract top players to your tournament. At least I set up a prize system that paid the winner more than your shitty ass cups. You didn't say shit about the prize until you realized you weren't getting much. Maybe the money did mean something to you? Good attempt at damage control from the filth you were saying on stream.

- Administration : Inexistant and disgraceful, not to mention that you spent the duration of the tournament in my twitch chat or the other stream's talking shit about pretty much everything. My pussy hurts.

Yes you will get complaints whatever you do or try to host, most of them are legitimate, this is the internet, you either need to grow a pair or quit (The latter would be the better option in your case). When the complaints are only about money... I don't give a fuck. The only complaints I got from Europe were MONEY related until this post.

I've hosted 2 major EU tournaments in the past (the second one is the one which you copy/pasted the rules from remember ?) and almost received nothing but positive feedback, maybe there is a reason ? 

Don't even start ranting about how great you are in real life because no one cares, it was quite funny and pathetic on the discord though. Truth hurts my French son. What can I say? I am a far superior human being than you.

Br1ftch.png

Same goes for your degenerate brother Thump4. He is much more intelligent than you too :)  

On a positive note, I enjoyed playing against some of the NA guys, was good fun even with my ping, thanks to everyone that signed up and congratz to Necrophag1st ! Yea your ping was TERRIBLE 89! That's the same ping I get to New York. You only complained about ping when you lost. Feelsbadman. I had fun too. GGs.

Shit-talk adds to the competitive environment and is very welcome in any cup I host. You also agreed ON YOUR STREAM that trash talk was a good thing in any competitive environment. And I guess you are excused for shit talking back because of this post? You sound like a.... hypocrite? Also sane - you are simply gay.