Grybzt

BOTS for the last time

21 posts in this topic

Hi :)

Bots? I know, i know.

Disclaimer: This topic not about IF, it's about WHEN. We all know that bots will be added eventually, so this topic is more dedicated to question WHEN.

Loving devs and game no matter what, but I feel this needs to be addressed.

In 2014, Reflex was almost alone in upcoming AFPS titles. But it's 2016, new Quake Champions announced, Diabotical succeeded it's Kickstarter, Toxikk is about to be launched.

I think Reflex should adapt to that.

Reflex development always was not to focus on attracting new players too soon. But I think it's about time when it can be too late. Yes, it is too early too promote game on the market too much. But second biggest obstacle for new players after hard learning curve here is small community. People want to shoot without waiting or joining empty servers.

Current road map does not mention bots. And it's most likely we won't reach 0.49 until 2017.

I won't even mention why bots would do so much good for the game  no matter how stupid those bots would be.

My point: But if bots won't be planned for 0.50,  I think this can hurt Reflex in a long run quite a lot. It's probably the most needed major feature that needs love as SOON tm   as possible.

TornadoStorm and Sharqosity like this

I'm pretty sure Toxikk has already been launched and buried. Diabotical will release in summer 2017 (yea right) and QC probably around the same time, we'll probably have bots by then. Regardless of whether we'll have bots or not competing with QC and diabotical for the new players is a hopeless endeavor since both of those games are going to be considerably less serious and hence a lot more attractive to new players, they also both have the means to advertise effectively. It's probably a better idea to go after the people who got hooked by those games and are looking for a similar game with a higher skillceiling.

atP likes this

When there's nothing more important to do, I figure. Bots are probably going to take time to get right, and the more of these other infrastructural updates they can get out of they way beforehand, the better.

7 hours ago, seekax said:

I'm pretty sure Toxikk has already been launched and buried.

Nah he means the 1.0 that gets the game out of early access (Coming with a free to play version too). That hasn't been released yet.

i wouldn't even put toxikk on the same list. its a reskin of ut3, the weapon primary and secondoray fires were mixed up a bit, and all the mechanics were probably already somewhere in the engine.

for me its reflex and diabotical. whereas diabotical has nothing so far and its only people getting excited about nice ideas, similar to how people were excited by reflex concept art. though i'm optimistic for both. the diabotical art style seems more fleshed out.

qc looks casual.

KangaJoo and lumpp like this

2 hours ago, Electro said:

They're coming, confirmed. Minds will be blown.

When, is a surprise.

If the future looks so bright why then already blow my mind now by deleting comments?

Arbitrary censorship out of subjective capriciousness or was there a justifiable reason for it?

Are there any moral standards which Turbo Pixel Studios follows actually... still waiting for an answer btw concerning the censored thread.

Just to be clear, I'm huge fan in love with Reflex and Turbo pixel, but I just want bots to be featured in 0.50 because I think it would benefit Reflex community and it's growth quite a lot ! :) <3

Electro and NicholasWalters like this

Before release, bots need to be there.

I think the AOT developer is antibots.  It makes me somewhat sad, that something this obvious is overlooked.  People, they NEED to be there.  Period.

TornadoStorm likes this

16 hours ago, Electro said:

AOT ...WOT?

We can't wait to get them released ;)

Arms of Telos?

Good to hear things are progressing in that direction.  Rock on.  Man it would have been depressing to have literally the best FPS on steam right now NOT have them on release.

Grybzt and Electro like this

11 hours ago, klyph0rd said:

I love how my notification says "Electro commented on BOTS for the last time"

Didn't know this was officially stated somewhere.  Has it been in a developer update on things to come?  I haven't been keeping a close eye lately.  And when I did, perhaps I'm not remembering.

Over policing of forums is a little silly.  Not that that happened in the least.  People will come, people will see, and people will talk.  That can't be controlled.  A natural acceptance of reality is all I want to bring to light.  Things will be talked about redundantly.  Forever.

1 hour ago, EternalRage said:

Didn't know this was officially stated somewhere.  Has it been in a developer update on things to come?  I haven't been keeping a close eye lately.  And when I did, perhaps I'm not remembering.

Over policing of forums is a little silly.  Not that that happened in the least.  People will come, people will see, and people will talk.  That can't be controlled.  A natural acceptance of reality is all I want to bring to light.  Things will be talked about redundantly.  Forever.

a64d84f0e6.png

get it? (although now it's not as funny an image b/c you commented too)
itsajoke

On 9/2/2016 at 11:18 AM, Electro said:

I haven't deleted anything I don't know what you're on about. I make art and code things. Thanks for your contribution though!

I would guess you could at least see that and by whom it was deleted as an admin? "I make art and code things. [for T.P.S.]" means you are a part of the legal subject Turbo Pixel Studios what implies a certain responsibility.

I sadly have to experience that one makes him/herself pretty unpopular in this "community" if one doesn't think cyberspace is a lawless zone where everyone can act out his/her atrocious impulses they can't live in their daily life outside the internet... that is of course not directed towards you Electro.

@/fragile please do the work and flag every off topic post in this forum if that is so important for you.

@Aletheia ty for the suggestion. uhhkay: Where to start... I start here

Can someone please delete the last comment and mine as well because they don't contribute to the topic at all.