Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
voodoochopstiks

Traveler 2

9 posts in this topic

Hey! Figured I'd post this level here for some feedback! I've been building quake levels on and off fairly seriously since about 2004, but I've had a decently long hiatus lately, but Reflex looks really fun so I decided to give it a shot here with a map. It's called Traveler 2 and it's a sequel to an old qw level of mine called Traveler. Would love some feedback, and replays of you playing! The graphics aren't quite done yet, and gameplay is still to be fiddled with a bit. It's a 1v1 demi-space map, so watch out for the void. Stick to the YA's if you're afraid of falling down :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725096328

t2.pngt1.png
t3.png

ique, slobo^-, promEUs and 3 others like this

Updated with some new graphics, cleaned up some of the blocky clutter so the level is slightly more open now! Also added bot support! Also changed the back void to a lava, might expand the lava to some other areas too later

dansen likes this

Map is great, friend and I dueled on it a few times, though he hates space maps.  Ended up swapping plasma with ic, and adding stakegun near the jump pad room (since it looked bare and we just wanted to play with stake).  That was a little more fun, getting airshot going for the ic though the strong weapon near the mega and red was a problem.  Maybe swap mega with the shotgun yellow armor?  We didn't mess around with those placements.  It didn't play poorly in either configuration anyway.

voodoochopstiks likes this

1 hour ago, Komier said:

Map is great, friend and I dueled on it a few times, though he hates space maps.  Ended up swapping plasma with ic, and adding stakegun near the jump pad room (since it looked bare and we just wanted to play with stake).  That was a little more fun, getting airshot going for the ic though the strong weapon near the mega and red was a problem.  Maybe swap mega with the shotgun yellow armor?  We didn't mess around with those placements.  It didn't play poorly in either configuration anyway.

not sure I dare place the IC so close to RA, but I'll definitely think about placing the stake somewhere, it should work on this level, without making the entire level about it(unlike the rail)

I'm not suggesting you add it, my friend and I duel a dozen times, then get bored of rail and play with stake.  I like the map with the weapons where they are, we were just experimenting since we added a stake anyway.  The main reason we put IC up there is that there are 7 or so jumps to that platform, but all it had was a plasma.