S°I

2016-10-16 | Bunny Cup NA

32 posts in this topic

REFLEX BUNNY CUP NA

tgi0lhi.jpg

Game Type: 1v1
Date : October 16, 2016
Starting time : 14:00 EST (13:00 to 14:00 for check-in)
Stream : https://www.twitch.tv/Delementary
Second Stream: http://twitch.tv/fractaljaguar
Brackets : http://challonge.com/BunnyCupNA
Sign-ups : http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/1UuQRW2RlL
Discord:
https://discord.gg/z28x7HZ

Prize Pool : $300 USD + Supporter Crowbar

Prize pool distribution :
    1st  : 50% $155.55 + Supporter Crowbar
    2nd : 30% $93.33
    3rd : 15% $46.66
    4th : 5% $15.55

Donations Welcome!

Donations will be divided amongst the top 4 players according to the percentage listed above.

Paypal (innocuoussleep@outlook.com)

Current donors:

Thump4: 11.11$

Map pool :
    -Furnace
    -Pocket Infinity
    -Simplicity
    -Static Discharge
    -The Catalyst   

General Rules:

Please provide us with two points of contact so we may reach you before and during the cup. NO EXCEPTIONS. 
    Join https://discord.gg/z28x7HZ or add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mmmmw/
    Competitive ruleset will be used for this cup, utilizing any other ruleset will disqualify both players.
    Be autonomous, contact your opponent, play your match, report the score to discord/challonge/admins.
    Tardiness will lead to potential disqualification, make sure to show up to your match within 10 minutes of match announcement. 
    Unsporting behavior (excessive trash talk, rage quit, grieving) will disqualify you.

Match system :

Winner's bracket matches are BO3.
    Loser's bracket matches are BO1 except the last 2 rounds which are BO3.

Picking system : Use the console command /roll 100 (Player with the highest number is declared winner)

BO3 : (L)Drop | (W)Drop | (L)Pick | (W)Pick : The last map will be the tiebreaker map if needed. (Maps are played in order of picks)

BO1 : (W) Drop | (L)Drop |(W)Drop | (L) Drop 

Double BO3 Finals: (LB) Drop | (WB)Drop | (WB) Pick | (LB)Pick : The last map will be the tiebreaker map if needed. (Maps are played in order of picks)

(Another round of drop/pick will be needed if the tournament goes into 2nd BO3)

Servers :

Servers generously provided by Linden at Swiftnode.
    No unauthorized spectators will be allowed on the servers
    Severs are password protected, contact admins ahead of time to receive the password. 
    Any server can be used in case we are not able to provide one for you as long as both opponents 
    agree and only if the server records replays can be accessed.

Concerning European participants:

Euro vs East Coast: Played on East Coast servers
    Euro vs Central: Played on East Coast servers
    Euro vs West: Played on Chicago servers
    In case of a server disagreement between players, server will be decided by an admin
    State divisions go as follows:
    West: AK,  AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, WA, WY  
    Central: AL, AR, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MS, OH, OK, SD, TX, WI
    East: CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, MA, ME, MD, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VA, VT, WV

Admins :
    S ° I
    Qualx   

Anti-cheat :
    Qualx

Streamers:
    Delementary
    Jaguar

Quick opinion - giving Euros the East Coast preference is probably not entirely desirable for a North American cup.  It's fine when it's a Europe vs East Coast or Europe vs Central, but Europe vs West Coast players can skew the favors against the West Coast players (who should have the home advantage in a North American tournament).  If you take three equally skilled players from Europe, East Coast, and West Coast in the current configuration, the East Coast player would have the advantage over the Euro (which is fine - North American tournament), but the Euro might have the advantage over the West Coast player depending on the West Coast player's connection and routing.  And a lot of West Coast players have notoriously horrible/inconsistent routing to the East Coast.

In the BOXR tournament, we had it set up like this:

• Euro vs East Coast: Played on East Coast server
  • Euro vs Central: Played on East Coast server
  • Euro vs West: Played on Central server

Of course if the players wanted to play on whatever server, that was fine too.

Anyway, I'm not playing in the tournament (will be working), and I hope it all goes smoothly.  GLHF!

S°I, MAD_JIHAD, LoNeZiLLa and 4 others like this

For anyone that cares,  I'm not to sure if I'll be casting with del since some personal stuff has come up. But if I'm available I hope to be co casting along with del, since SI wanted/asked both of us if we would be interested in casting and since I've already casted two of past recent NA cups, I've grown quite fond of casting. But anyways, I hope I'm able to cast and if I can't, I hope this cup goes smoothly. 

S°I likes this

With the release of 46.4 and the updates to the experimental ruleset, I've gotten a lot of feedback on using the experimental ruleset throughout the tournament instead of competitive. If you would like me to change the rules to allow for experimental please do so in this thread or send me a message on steam or discord. If you want to keep it in competitive please let me know as well. Thank you!

Xytaglyph and lolograde like this

Thank you all for signing up!

In the coming days i will be seeding all the participants, any input in this process is appreciated. I will be working with AFPS veteran Lolograde to make this a more accurate process. Things are subject to change in the coming weeks so don't be surprised if you are moved around in the seedings. Thank you!

I personally feel that the current experimental ruleset is better than both the competitive ruleset and the old experimental ruleset by a long shaft
My vote is for the new experimental ruleset

SickDownlink and S°I like this

Please open the tournament to 32 slots (or no maximum). I would like to participate :D

32 is better mathematically for the brackets. 8 less 1st round byes.

S°I likes this

Hi everyone,

I've made some updates and clarifications to the rules.

Tardiness to matches may disqualify you. This change was added so that players aren't waiting around for more than 10 minutes and so that the tournament does not drag on longer than necessary. 

West,Central, and East regions are now defined. I don't want any confusion as to what servers matches will be played in. Please double check what region you are in so that you chose the proper server to play in. 

I've also recently purchased the supporter crowbar :D

a9QnXrG.jpg

and we will be receiving a total of 8 servers (4 central & 4 eastern) from Liden at Swiftnode. Make sure you send him some love for sponsoring this event! 

Ramagan and Grybzt like this

Hey @S°I, just wondering if I would be allowed to cast this on my channel, in addition to your own stream? I can cover other games going on at the same time, etc. I could do with some practise!

Aletheia and S°I like this

Good evening everyone,

Some important updates:

We are going to play this tournament in competitive mode. Experimental proved to be much too Ion Cannon reliant. The damage out put increase made things unbalanced compared to other weapons. There will be no further changes to the ruleset in the coming weeks. This change is final! 

Jaguar will now be an official streamer for this event, this will provide much wider coverage to the tournament. I've provided links to both streams in the OP. 

Thank you!

Aletheia and Kyto like this

On 10/1/2016 at 3:33 PM, S°I said:

Good evening everyone,

Some important updates:

We are going to play this tournament in competitive mode. Experimental proved to be much too Ion Cannon reliant. The damage out put increase made things unbalanced compared to other weapons. There will be no further changes to the ruleset in the coming weeks. This change is final! 

Jaguar will now be an official streamer for this event, this will provide much wider coverage to the tournament. I've provided links to both streams in the OP. 

Thank you!

That is funny. Everyone and their mother said ic needed a buff. Maybe it should be 130 dps instead? 6,7,6,7,6,7

4 hours ago, Kev! said:

That is funny. Everyone and their mother (except me) said ic needed a buff. Maybe it should be 130 dps instead? 6,7,6,7,6,7

Also funny to know that the ic in competitive mode is 136 dps ;)

On 10/2/2016 at 2:23 AM, User17 said:

Also funny to know that the ic in competitive mode is 136 dps ;)

Interesting. Is there a place where I can go to compare gun statistics for each game mode? 

That is one thing I can't stand about Reflex.... casual/competitive/experimental

Just pick one please :)    If competitive is 136 and exp is 140... what makes exp > competitive or vice versa? I have no idea what the difference is...

For below-average players, like CMCsane, and for average players, like CMCguilt, only hitting 20% ic, or 27.2 dps, means it might be easier for them to just aim better rather than comparing various rulesets with negligible differences in ic output.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there is a huge prize purse this time that could pay for new hardware, or even other bills around the apartment, and he should instead be focusing on that.

This 'king' character is obviously masquerading as someone he is not, or he is a proponent thereof.  At this point, and for those of you watching at home, I have no choice but to consider them all to be a giant basket of deplorables.

Kev! likes this