Followers 0
Speedbot

duel
[sp2] The Core

2 posts in this topic

[sp2] The Core

2x RL, 1x RA, 1x YA, 2x GA

BFAC206DBEFC967ADC87BCD168DF23400B4C9EA0

This map is a high tech, sci-fi powerplant where you can blow each other the f*** up. It's intended for 1v1 but also has FFA and TDM modes enabled. The map has a lot of jumps, teleports, and is based around fighting on two levels.

The map draws some inspiration from some of my favorite AFPS maps including Phrantic and The Catalyst. That's not really important but I thought maybe some people might see a few parallels and find it interesting :)

I'll consider feedback as long as it's not too drastic and doesn't alter the overall playstyle of the map. Please let me know if you find any clipping issues impacting gameplay or other problems and I'll fix them as quick as I can.

Thanks for checking out The Core! If you like it you can also check out my other map - [sp1] Suspension

EDIT: Forgot to mention I have a clean version saved in my private stash so if anyone is having performance problems or just would like an un-arted version let me know and I can upload the clean one.

KangaJoo, kusumit and MAD_JIHAD like this

The entrance to the back GA room by MH has been widened significantly. The room didn't have much use outside of grabbing the armor and health, now it should also work better for fighting and be a pretty good spot to rail your opponent from. Subsequently the pillars outside the room were slightly moved which should allow better fighting on the outside around the jumppad as well.

There have also been some clipping issues resolved.

KangaJoo likes this