Thump4

title bout
Thump4 > Sane in The Duel™ - Mischief Night - $500

31 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Thump4 said:

If the bets are not even, then I will absorb the loss, as I will pay out the winners double regardless of who they pick.  $20 bets max.

If you consider a measly government officer rate as "bank" then sure, sure.  Let's just say I'm throwing it all on the line to shut this online-only personality down for good.

And when the underdog wins you keep the cash? Financial incentive to throw the match and all that. Switching to percentage based winnings might be a better idea.

On 10/25/2016 at 11:12 PM, seekax said:

And when the underdog wins you keep the cash? Financial incentive to throw the match and all that. Switching to percentage based winnings might be a better idea.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  It's a simple opportunity for a better to bet $1 to $20 on the match and double up on the winner.  The fact that sane and I are coughing up our own $250 each to pay the other player if they win shows that there is only an incentive on either side to win.

If someone wanted to bet, they'd be payed out fairly.  It's a way for the community to get involved in the game like boxing.

On 10/26/2016 at 0:12 AM, seekax said:

Thump4 is the underdog in this community. Sane was seeded higher in every tournament they have played in together in Reflex.

However, there should be a system that takes all money from the pool of bets... and distributes that money to only the betters.

Example - Assuming everyone bets $20:

$180 in favor of sane by 9 people.

$100 in favor of Thump4 5 people.

If sane wins, $280 is distributed to the 9. (less than double)

If Thump4 wins, $280 is distributed to the 5. (more than double)

This is typically how normal betting works and is why they have payout ratios. You don't know who the underdog is until bets have been placed. From what Thump4 tells me, no bets have been placed thus far.

Thump4 is simply promising that the betters will double their money regardless of the payout ratios. -Even if the favorite between the betters ends up winning.

If Thump4 were to win in the example above, the extra $80... Thump4 would keep that money. What you are saying is a fair argument, and I believe it should be distributed in the way I have described above. Less money to the fan favorite, more money on betting for the underdog. I am in favor of payout ratios.

KovaaK likes this

On 11/6/2016 at 4:35 AM, thelawenforcer said:

wait, what happened?

sane did not show up like he didn't show up for 2 of the last 3 tournaments he signed up for. ckap played in his place and it was a fun match apparently. Thump played with around 90 ping to ckap's 20 and end up defeating ckap 3 games to 2.