Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spessu_sb

Making of the Quake 4 Reflex map remakes

9 posts in this topic

Here are videos of me doing the maps raw blockings of the basic level layouts.

There has been some doubt about wether I made the Quake 4 map remakes, this is to prove also that I did make them.

Phrantic

Placebo Effect

Armouredcore Lab

The Lost Fleet

Disclaimer: Below features a map stealing cheap degenerate fuck.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=788195198&searchtext=monsoon

Map built from my geometry and brushwork, doesn't have the quake 4 geometry because it's stolen work and thus identical to my release, instead of the quake 4 release.

@Joe
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198151022705
http://forums.reflexarena.com/index.php?/profile/2782-joe/

Chat transcript showing crazy madness from verbal freak joe.

hostileguy.png

Proof of my map not being 100% identical to work of Lukin because it's all handmade and not a porting.

Main Atrium

mh_catwalk_distance.png

8units vs 48units

RA Room

ra_room_lenght.png

680units vs 752units.

RL Pad

rl_pad_distance.png

440units vs 376units

RL Stairs

rl_stairbalcony_distance.png

132units vs 72units

YA Hallway

ya_hallway_distance.png

832units vs 760units

See joe, you were wrong as I told you.

fuglaa, sLiKK and slobo^- like this

For Joe's defense, I think he might of thought you did the mesh detail yourself in that Phrantic remake of yours - not the raw layout one, but the decorated one, because he mentions "hundreds of random brushes in walls" and "complicated brushwork". What I don't get though is him doubting someone spending 60 hours on a map or many hours just to get one prefab done. Many of us have spent +500 hours on the editor, after and before it was an user-friendly editor even.

25 minutes ago, Smilecythe said:

For Joe's defense, I think he might of thought you did the mesh detail yourself in that Phrantic remake of yours - not the raw layout one, but the decorated one, because he mentions "hundreds of random brushes in walls" and "complicated brushwork". What I don't get though is him doubting someone spending 60 hours on a map or many hours just to get one prefab done. Many of us have spent +500 hours on the editor, after and before it was an user-friendly editor even.

Joe seems to have some serious anger management issues because he basically only kept insulting me in that chat eventhough I had done absolutely nothing but released a map that was still in WIP state as I had stated multiple times. I could've been a jerk also and not release the stuff at all but this guy.. he is unbelievable :D

What I got from that chat, is that he seems to think it's impossible that I made this stuff and that it must be a porting blabla.. This guy's life must be quite interesting that he steals maps and afterwards rages to the makers and not showing any kinda manners at all when being in a conversation.

60hr thing also pretty much proves that he has no idea about mapping because Joe, reason I did this map was because I wanted a map that I liked. Only way to have it is to make it because I'm not into the whole porting thing. There is one "porting" I have done and that's with cpm28 as I've stated. Tree originally had ported the map into reflex in back like 2015 but he had also abandoned it and left the forums. I liked the map and it was really outdated by 2016/2015/whatever, I wanted to bring it back and I had really no interest in making a total conversion so I took what Tree had done and added fresh coat of look to it.

slobo^- likes this

He's reflecting his underachieving personality clearly, has some anger issues, lack of skill for rational and critical conversation. I don't disagree there.

Point I was trying to make is that he probably thought you're claiming you did all the mesh work by hand, some of which you probably didn't and some are probably self made prefabs. I think that's a fair assumption when you don't know how the editor works and one of the points he was trying to make under all that anger I suppose. That being said, a video where you prove you hand made a raw layout is only going to satisfy half of this angry kid's doubts. When you believe something hard enough, half is just not enough. His belief is that you're a fraud. If you want to thug life the fuck out of him, you should provide him a video showing how prefab creation and mesh copy pasting works. 

spessu_sb likes this