shooter

Reflex 0.47.2

14 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Another quick point release. This point release's main features includes the infamous wallclipping (which is enabled in experimenal ruleset). We're really wanting to hear feedback on this and whether people would like it to stay.

We've also been working with the experimental plus guys and adding a bunch of vars to assist with their experimental play.

edit: it's been pointed out that wallclipping is breaking head bumping, i'll fix this in .3 :) thanks!

Improvements:

• added wallclipping, enabled in all experimental rulesets

Lua:

• explosed player.inventoryHead, player.inventoryLegs, player.inventoryArms, player.inventoryTorso variables

Experimental Plus:

• Rockets, cells, pellets, bolt, grenades now all have separate trace vs world/entities. The idea is we can make hitting the player slightly easier/harder without having projectiles hit corners you wouldn't expect
  • Added gconsts gconst_burstgun_startammo, gconst_shotgun_pellet_trace_radius_world, gconst_shotgun_pellet_trace_radius_entities, gconst_grenade_trace_radius_world, gconst_grenade_trace_radius_entities, gconst_cell_trace_radius_world, gconst_cell_trace_radius_entities, gconst_rocket_trace_radius_world, gconst_rocket_trace_radius_entities, gconst_beam_trace_radius_entities, gconst_beam_trace_radius_world, gconst_bolt_trace_radius_entities, gconst_bolt_trace_radius_world

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed bug: IC turret didn't use to reload (just fired every frame! :))
  • Fixed bug: ChatLog.lua error when localplayer == nil (happened on connect)
  • Removed www.reflexfiles.com loadscreen tooltip
  • Updated www.reflexfps.net/forums loadscreen tooltip

-Shooter

19 minutes ago, Jaguar said:

What is wallclipping? :)

Basically, if you have enough speed, you can hit a corner and you'll clip past it and maintain all your momentum. Classic example would probably be the jump to red armor from the 25's on aerowalk, most players try to hit the corner at lg on purpose.

Jaguar and Joe like this

39 minutes ago, Pill_ said:

Basically, if you have enough speed, you can hit a corner and you'll clip past it and maintain all your momentum. Classic example would probably be the jump to red armor from the 25's on aerowalk, most players try to hit the corner at lg on purpose.

I just want to add that you have to jump right before corner in order to clip it

Joe and MAD_JIHAD like this

4 hours ago, Jaguar said:

What is wallclipping? :)

What Pill said. In practice, it makes the game faster because you can take corners much sharper and hitting a corner does not completely demolish your speed. It feels awesome, too, because you know you're being as efficient as possible with corners.

I'm floored by this news. Had no idea it was coming. Will be excited to see how it plays.

EDIT: Also want to note this is a potentially HUGE change for Race. Might mean some much faster times. Good times ahead for @slobo^-, night, and co.. B)

Edited by lolograde

11 hours ago, shooter said:

Lua:

• explosed player.inventoryHead, player.inventoryLegs, player.inventoryArms, player.inventoryTorso variables

@Electro or @YasashiiKyojin, can we please get a happy droid face? I would like my smiley bind to also momentarily change my droid face from angry to happy when I smiley. =)

Edited by lolograde
Pill_, Grybzt, Gangland and 3 others like this

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to try wallclipping in race mode.

I have 3 suggestions:

1) I would like to see a kind of signal in the widget browser to see which widget is "on" and which "off" (maybe just put the "on" widgets in bold )

2) Maybe there is a way to give a picture to widgets in steam workshop, so it doesnt look so cold.

edit: and 3) Is it possible to separate the widgets and the maps in steam workshop?

On 11/4/2016 at 11:47 AM, Monti said:

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to try wallclipping in race mode.

I have 3 suggestions:

1) I would like to see a kind of signal in the widget browser to see which widget is "on" and which "off" (maybe just put the "on" widgets in bold )

2) Maybe there is a way to give a picture to widgets in steam workshop, so it doesnt look so cold.

edit: and 3) Is it possible to separate the widgets and the maps in steam workshop?

Here you can see how to show just widgets/addons. Simply click 'addons' on the Reflex workshop page

ONwLj0h.png