kRVRKV

Remove certain sounds from the game

Question

Was wondering whether it is possible to remove a specific sound from the game?

In my case, I want to mute the sound when a player lands on a surface. That "iron hitting concrete" sound.

I am aware that this is how the original CMPA mod works but that sound is really hurting my head if you could call it so.

5 answers to this question

You can either get one of the soundmods from the workshop (recommended) or go to reflexfps/base/internal.pak (you can open those with winrar), then /internal/characters/hostile and replace all the *_land*.wav files with empty ones (not sure what happens when you delete them, probably works as well).

I'd go with option 1 though, not being able to hear your opponents land is a disadvantage you don't want to have.

24 minutes ago, kRVRKV said:

It's just that I play race most of the time and you can imagine how annoying it might get.

Will try all of the methods, but it got me thinking if it is possible to make some kind of toggle, to disable sound in the race and enable it in any other mode. I don't mean the toggle should be game type related but just a button to press at any time.

Try the Bones soundpack, he's fairly easy on the ears.

I don't think a toggle is possible at the moment, the sound addons only have a folder structure, i don't think you can tell the game to not use it.

On 12/10/2016 at 10:57 PM, seekax said:

You can either get one of the soundmods from the workshop (recommended) or go to reflexfps/base/internal.pak (you can open those with winrar), then /internal/characters/hostile and replace all the *_land*.wav files with empty ones (not sure what happens when you delete them, probably works as well).

I'd go with option 1 though, not being able to hear your opponents land is a disadvantage you don't want to have.

It's just that I play race most of the time and you can imagine how annoying it might get.

Will try all of the methods, but it got me thinking if it is possible to make some kind of toggle, to disable sound in the race and enable it in any other mode. I don't mean the toggle should be game type related but just a button to press at any time.

15 hours ago, seekax said:

Try the Bones soundpack, he's fairly easy on the ears.

I don't think a toggle is possible at the moment, the sound addons only have a folder structure, i don't think you can tell the game to not use it.

alright will do, thanks