[EU] End of year/new years New-Maps-Cup

12 posts in this topic

cup.png

Hello,

we are currently in the process of organising a 3-Map-Cup for Europe featuring:

- Sanctum by promeus

- Risk by me

- gt3 by greed

When?: 16. - 22. January, There's no fixed date yet. 

Format: BO3 pick-pick-decider, no decision on ruleset yet, for now we will be using competitive (+wallclipping +condom hitbox)

Current price pool: 150€

Donations via Paypal can be send here.

Current donators:

- Promeus: 50€

- Benz: 100€

Discord: https://discord.gg/FPZxxux

Keep an eye out for further updates.

Regards

Delementary, Jaguar, DraQu and 4 others like this

Sweet! Was just thinking the other day that it had been too long since we've had a tournament. Keep me in the loop please, with enough notice I should be able to cast it. And I actually sort of know what I'm talking about now :D

Greed likes this

I'm very disappointed that my 1v1 map, Arcane, was not included in this so-called "new map tournament". Also, Duck's new map, Cloister, is also apparently excluded.

EDIT: Why not make it a 5 map tournament? Change the map selection rules to encourage that each map gets a fair bit of play time?

Edited by lolograde
GoaLitiuM, Delementary and lumpp like this

56 minutes ago, Jaguar said:

I think a three map tournament is a lot more feasible and quicker to run, so why don't we look at holding a cup after this with @lolograde's and @Duck's maps included?

That's a better idea in general I would say because with 5 maps in the pool it usually ends with the same maps getting banned all the time so they would get almost no playtime.

33 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

That's a better idea in general I would say because with 5 maps in the pool it usually ends with the same maps getting banned all the time so they would get almost no playtime.

The same can be said of a 3 map tournament where it's bo3. Could be the same map is always the "decider" map and barely gets played at all...

It all depends on the map picking rules. With a larger map pool and pick-pick-drop-drop, there's a larger incentive for learning one of the lesser played maps. If it's drop-drop-pick-pick, then yea, that could be the same maps always get dropped. 

Surely there's a tournament system that's round robin by maps? Split signups into small subgroups and round robin on every map? Players in each group with the most wins move on to brackets and it becomes pick-pick-drop-drop (bo3). Finals pick-pick-drop-drop (bo5). Only prob would be making sure you seed subgroups correctly.

Edited by lolograde

Just to be clear: it's not the goal to get all maps played as much as possible. This is just a cup... with 3 new maps. Nothing more, nothing less. I wouldn't find it "fair" to the players to "force" them to play certain maps, just so these maps get playtime. No point in it.

If you want as much possible playtime as possible in a competitive setup, just do a 1-map-cup. We did it in the past and from all the feedback people enjoyed the format.

So far most people prefer a 3-map-cup. Still time though.

Regards

So with the new update being released ... THIS IS STILL GOING. I just have been really busy (and still am) so i have to figure out stuff. Date etc.

Greed likes this

12 minutes ago, ketku said:

The registration link is not working at the moment.

Yep, dunno why.

ATM there's a slight chance of not doing the cup anyways. Since the addition of sanctum to the official competitive duel matchmaking pool i'd rather not have it in this cup.

fuglaa likes this