TornadoStorm

[Suggestion] Windowed Fullscreen / Borderless Support

14 posts in this topic

Hello!

Just thought it'd be pretty handy to have support for this window mode in Reflex, since whenever I Alt+Tab on fullscreen mode, it goes back to windowed then I have to go back to options. It also allows for the ability to see notifications from other apps, or work quickly between Discord or TeamSpeak for easier communication. This feature's also a standard for modern games to have. Please add this devs!

slobo^-, FireStarW, Grybzt and 2 others like this

Yeah, alt+enter is a common shortcut for toggling between windowed and fullscreen. You could also bind a key to 'r_fullscreen 1' if you wished (and another to r_fullscreen 0, if you wanted). You could probably write a script to have a single key toggle if you don't want to use a modifier key!

2 hours ago, LoNeZiLLa said:

Just use Borderless Gaming. It's free, but you can support them by buying the application though Steam if you want.

Link to Download

Ooh that's pretty useful, thanks for that :D Just hope they implement it anyway because Reflex is the only app I will be using this tool for

Why does the game change resolution whenever I Alt+Enter to windowed mode? Not really a complaint, just curious.

2 hours ago, zokolate said:

Why does the game change resolution whenever I Alt+Enter to windowed mode? Not really a complaint, just curious.

There are two commands for resolution, r_resolution_fullscreen and r_resolution_windowed.

zokolate likes this

if i recall correctly fullscreen windowed/borderless forces vsync so thats something to consider. if this isnt actually a thing and i just smoke crack plz let me know.

3 hours ago, BattleSnacks said:

if i recall correctly fullscreen windowed/borderless forces vsync so thats something to consider. if this isnt actually a thing and i just smoke crack plz let me know.

There is lots of games that lets you play in borderless mode without vsync.

BattleSnacks likes this

Hello, are there any plans to include this feature? I also need to use borderless window mode for some reasons and it would be nice if I didn't need to use a third party app for it.

TornadoStorm and FireStarW like this

Please can the devs implement this? I'm sure it's not much work to add a button or combobox or something to select window mode as borderless

On 12/17/2016 at 6:57 PM, Grybzt said:

There is lots of games that lets you play in borderless mode without vsync.

That doesn't work on W10 or if Aero is enabled on W7.