LoubiTek

Another guy who doesn't know how to configure his mouse

Question

I have as a gift a new mouse for Christmas.
Only this is the first time I have one for gaming.
And suddenly I am completely lost to properly adjusted.

I always play with mouse provided with the computer.
And I had no worries about configuring to play before.

Now with his DPI stories.
It's not the same, you have to take this into account.
I carry out research and the lowest and the best?
That's what I did, except that ..
This totally upsets my way of playing.
I play with 25.5 sensitivity and now with the new mouse it is 40.
Is that normal?
In addition when I move sometimes she stops or jerky. (Sudden deceleration or rapid change)
What is the point of having a mouse adapt for the game, if it is to have problems?
The mark of my mouse and an Arokh x-1. It ranges from 800 to 2400 DPI.

I also read that it had to take into account that size and a history of doing the 360 calculates to adjust the sensitivity. Something I absolutely have never needed to do.
Maybe I use Casual principles but I think we need to change that way to succeed? I do not understand.
Just like all the advanced options there are in the Reflex options about mouse and sensitivity.

My screen does 1920*1080 and I turn in the game has 250 fps for information.
And I do not have a mouse pad, I'm on a wooden desk.
I also add that I already disabled the pointer speed improvement in the windows 10 settings.

Please help me to be able to play with this new mouse please!

ketku likes this

12 answers to this question

You might well just need a mouse mat. Try the mouse on different surfaces. Plug your old mouse in and measure how far you need to move it do turn 360 degrees, and tweak the numbers til you get the same with your new mouse.

The advanced mouse settings are for mouse acceleration. If you had them off before which you probably did, keep them off.

I am pretty sure the problems you describe will relate to lack of mousemat. Your original mouse may have a laser sensor, which track better on all sorts of surfaces. Optical sensors usually need a mat of some kind and are favoured for gaming. Better tracking I think. Let us know how it goes, and Merry Christmas to you!

lolograde, Tsarenir and Kawumm like this

Thank you for the answer.
The question now is what type of mouse pad should I take? I do not know anything about that. There are several materials and dimensions.
What brand do you advise me? The price does not really matter as long as it is under ~ 30-40. I have a picture of my office, I think it's enough.
mydesk.jpg

1 hour ago, LoubiTek said:

Thank you for the answer.
The question now is what type of mouse pad should I take? I do not know anything about that. There are several materials and dimensions.
What brand do you advise me? The price does not really matter as long as it is under ~ 30-40. I have a picture of my office, I think it's enough.
mydesk.jpg

Others can probably help you more here, and there'll be guides you can easily find. You'll want to choose between hard and soft/cloth. Most peple, especially with low sens, seem to use cloth mats. THey're cheaper and good ones should not wear down. I use high sens and like a really low friction with a heavy mouse, and much prefer how 'glidey' hard mats are. They do kinda wear down though, but since I've replayed the feet on my G502 things seem to be good. Ideally, see if you can find some to try, or  order from a decent store with a good return policy so if you really don't like it, you can return it for a refund and try something else. Read some guides, factor in your sens, what you are currently used to, etc :)

I try with a mouse pad and I do not like it.
-I am not accustomed
-The size and too small
-The mouse and difficult to handle on this type of surface although better than on wood.
-The movements perform and feelings are worse than with the laser mouse by default.

I take this opportunity to take a break.

So, I'll leave it for a while.
In addition to taking the lead, this game kills me morally.
I played so much and I have improved so much for a long time that now I can not get anything. My scores are practically mediocre now and I do not even know why.

Well, I do not want to play or beat people much stronger.
It is exhausting and devaluing. I do not have fun anymore!

The skill that requires this type of game (quake) and just the pure superhuman madness.

On 31/01/2017 at 10:48 PM, LoubiTek said:

-I am not accustomed
-The size and too small
-The mouse and difficult to handle on this type of surface although better than on wood.
-The movements perform and feelings are worse than with the laser mouse by default.

I played so much and I have improved so much for a long time that now I can not get anything. My scores are practically mediocre now and I do not even know why.

The skill that requires this type of game (quake) and just the pure superhuman madness.

That's the thing you see, there are a lot of different types of mousemat out there. Cloth/hard, varying levels of friction, varying sizes... what kind of mousemat did you try?

As for 'killing you morally', well there sure is a lot to learn for beginners - but the new matchmaking system will find you games with similar level opponents, particularly for duel, and you can make friends and ask them for games etc. So many options! The massive scope for improvement is one of the best things about this genre of game; embrace it! And with the matchmaking system, you'll see your progress if you do improve.

13 hours ago, Jaguar said:

That's the thing you see, there are a lot of different types of mousemat out there. Cloth/hard, varying levels of friction, varying sizes... what kind of mousemat did you try?

As for 'killing you morally', well there sure is a lot to learn for beginners - but the new matchmaking system will find you games with similar level opponents, particularly for duel, and you can make friends and ask them for games etc. So many options! The massive scope for improvement is one of the best things about this genre of game; embrace it! And with the matchmaking system, you'll see your progress if you do improve.

The first matches is to place your rank. So in the beginning the matches may be very hard.

2 hours ago, qufit said:

The first matches is to place your rank. So in the beginning the matches may be very hard.

Yes indeed!

Except that my rank is at 75 and I do not like 1vs1 matches precisely because I'm not good enough. So rank is useless and does not mean anything.

Concerning the mousepad, it is a very small piece of foam. XD

15 minutes ago, LoubiTek said:

Except that my rank is at 75 and I do not like 1vs1 matches precisely because I'm not good enough. So rank is useless and does not mean anything.

Concerning the mousepad, it is a very small piece of foam. XD

That rank is meaningless, they are talking about the matchmaking rank, e.g. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, ...

I do not know what it is. That's not the problem!
I play to have fun above all and no for win.
Rank, xp or "medals", I don't care !

On 1/31/2017 at 2:48 PM, LoubiTek said:

-I am not accustomed
-The size and too small

You should work on your setup till it feels good again. Do like Jaguar said and match the new mouse to your old cm360. Get yourself a cheap gaming mousepad. This is a good start, https://steelseries.com/gaming-mousepads/qck.

As far as your scores seeming mediocre, this is normal. You will see from the time you started that you have improved. Then at a certain time you will feel like your just playing the game. Whats happened is that you've become better, and are coming to a plateau. The best choice to make here is to keep playing. If you do you will see that after time you have again improved, and will be more prepared for combat at a higher level.

One thing i can say is, you will never improve without the proper tools to do the job. IE: good computer that can run the game, proper config for playing at your computers limits, good keyboard, good mouse, mousepad.

Good keyboards really are up to your taste, some people like the mechanical, some not. I see no real difference to a "beginner", so use what you have.

You want a mouse with no angle snapping, and a low latency sensor. Also your mouse buttons (switches) should be of good quality. 

Gaming mousepads are a "taste" item too. You need to try some before you find the one you like. The QCK i linked is a good jumpoff point and a large mousepad.

GLHF