Skaarj

Future of stake launcher

29 posts in this topic

On 05/03/2017 at 2:31 AM, Grybzt said:

I think the only way for Stake gun to be something more than gimmick nobody uses. Is to make it start weapon.

Would need to increase reload time and drastically decrease damage.

Totally agree.

Stakes are a great gameplay mechanic, which improve even more the main asset of the game : its movement system, and makes it unique.
The current starting weapon is not great a all, a kind of weak shotgun, with (imo) poor design, and no particular interest.
I think it's a bad idea to have more weapons, and this little shotgun is the only one to be removed. Plus, it's better if everybody is always enable to move the same way on the map. It's the perfect solution. i wonder why it hasn't been tested yet.

Maybe not reduce the fire rate, just decrease drastically the damage.

fogelmensch, Grybzt, Zvarri and 2 others like this

18 hours ago, Goulox said:

Totally agree.

Stakes are a great gameplay mechanic, which improve even more the main asset of the game : its movement system, and makes it unique.
The current starting weapon is not great a all, a king of weak shotgun, with (imo) poor design, and no particular interest.
I think it's a bad idea to have more weapons, and this little shotgun is the only one to be removed. Plus, it's better if everybody is always enable to move the same way on the map. It's the perfect solution. i wonder why it hasn't been tested yet.

I think the longer reload time would be better. Reduce the damage a bit. Would kind of have a place in the game because melee is only close combat. And it will feel rewarding to get a hit with the stake (due to good damage output at start)

Goulox likes this

I'd love to see the Stake replace the Bolt, but that's primarily because I have a disdain for hitscan weapons. Having an extra layer of skill with prediction would be nice. No idea about damage. I think 95 would be fine.

On 15/06/2017 at 10:25 PM, Goulox said:

Totally agree.

The current starting weapon is not great a all, a king of weak shotgun, with (imo) poor design, and no particular interest.

A broomstick with teamplay use ? This idea has to be tested.