Pill_

Pill's 1v1 Demo Reviews

19 posts in this topic

Since the game is really active after the MM update, there are a lot of good match ups happening and (from what I've seen) a lot of players wanting to improve, so I've decided to start reviewing demo's. The first one is a game of my own, but I'm also looking to review demos from others, both to analyse a great game between great players and to provide low to mid level players with a gameplay critique. You can contact me through the global Reflex Discord or forum PM (or just message me on steam if you're on my friends list.)

I'm also considering to do videos on my views on in game improvement, if there's interest in that.

Edited by Pill_
Kyto, slobo^-, FlabCaptain and 11 others like this

I've uploaded another video and updated the playlist. It's a demo from tumpperi, playing vs DSharp3 on Ruin. It's quite a long video (~40 min) because there are three or four overtimes. Since the devs disabled the replay depository due to lag issues, I plan to do a strategy review of The Catalyst and three tournament games to bridge the gap for now.

Edited by Pill_
Jaguar, tumpperi, truck and 2 others like this

Updated the playlist with another video again. This time it's a demo from Jaguar vs WalledIn on Pocket Infinity. I mainly talk about weapon selection and I stress timing a few times. I don't plan to continue uploading content daily, but I do want to handle submissions as fast as possible, so that's why I uploaded these games in such quick succession. The next video will either be a review of a friendly match between me and Kyto on Fusion or a map review of The Catalyst. Either way, I expect to have finished it around this time next week.

Edited by Pill_
tumpperi and truck like this

3 hours ago, Pill_ said:

Updated the playlist with another video again. This time it's a demo from Jaguar vs WalledIn on Pocket Infinity. I mainly talk about weapon selection and I stress timing a few times. I don't plan to continue uploading content daily, but I do want to handle submissions as fast as possible, so that's why I uploaded these games in such quick succession. The next video will either be a review of a friendly match between me and Kyto on Fusion or a map review of The Catalyst. Either way, I expect to have finished it around this time next week.

Man, it is one thing to review your own footage and notice your mistakes, especially in old games, but when Pill is doing it it gets quite humbling! Looking forward to your future review videos Pill, these are really good.

tumpperi and Menno like this

Over the course of last of week, I've uploaded three new videos:

A good, close game on Furnace between two NA players, Jacob (POV) and Delementary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V2Tr0mM3Jc)

A demo review of Joe playing Triksii on The Catalyst (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it6FviYn85U)

And finally, I decided to do a video about the importance of practice (potentially the first in a series about my views on ingame improvement). (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI-2-28Ew3U)

Hope you guys like it!

truck, Joe, ketku and 3 others like this

2 hours ago, Pill_ said:

Over the course of last of week, I've uploaded three new videos:

A good, close game on Furnace between two NA players, Jacob (POV) and Delementary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V2Tr0mM3Jc)

A demo review of Joe playing Triksii on The Catalyst (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it6FviYn85U)

And finally, I decided to do a video about the importance of practice (potentially the first in a series about my views on ingame improvement). (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI-2-28Ew3U)

Hope you guys like it!

Great video. Though if you skip the beginning and watch the video and listen to you speak without knowing the point of the bad footage. it can also be quite funny.

fuglaa and Pill_ like this

44 mins of smooth dutch accent Kreygasm, wish i was back home so you could review vs me 

btw you didnt take the MHRL in the first 10s, he tried an aggressive cheese and you didnt deny the rl and punish

Edited by fuglaa
Pill_ and Jaguar like this

12 hours ago, fuglaa said:

44 mins of smooth dutch accent Kreygasm, wish i was back home so you could review vs me 

btw you didnt take the MHRL in the first 10s, he tried an aggressive cheese and you didnt deny the rl and punish

Aggressive cheese? That's the worst kind of cheese!

jtmuk and fuglaa like this

13 hours ago, fuglaa said:

I would not be surprised if that's true, I suck at first spawns.

the no respect route if you spawn in the MH atrium is ignoring mega and just bombing into the LGYA side and taking the rl and fighting RL vs no RL since most people either spawn at sg or lg->ya->ra

After a bit of a drought because I didn't really have any interesting games at first and was too busy later, I've uploaded another video again, Joe vs Jorp on t7. I also managed to set up a method that allows me to draw on the screen, though it does come at the cost of quality.

https://youtu.be/WOOA3Ep7EYk

Edited by Pill_
Joe and ketku like this

Uploaded yet another one. Tsarenir vs Rex on Ruin. Since Tsarenir's main problem was feeling clueless (his words not mine :D), I tried to focus on the concept of goal-driven decision making. Also, huge shout out to @GoaLitiuM who managed to create a widget that lets me draw on screen in game. 

Jaguar and GoaLitiuM like this

So after a way too long break, I uploaded another video. This one is IMO my best one yet in terms of content, it features the grand finals between Kyto and Ramagan of the recent DP5 masters cup. In my opinion, this game perfectly captures the dynamic between their styles and it's also a masterclass in using pressure plays to prevent your opponent from getting full control.

jtmuk, dansen, Kyto and 6 others like this