qufit

training

6 posts in this topic

I'm just going to put this here. But I feel like the trainingsection should have more depth. And just wondering what you all people think about it? I have thought of doing my own sections but want to have some input first.

My thought was to have stuff like this implemented in the training:

Tip: bind mouse2 to jump

Tip: weaponbinds for every weapon

Section: Fast weaponswitch training

Tip: a good mousesetting 20 -30cm/360

Section/tip: How sounds work in game (that the sound is global and that is a big deal)

Tip: That you can buffer jumps

Tip: Fov setting

etc

Or is this something that shouldn't be in the trainingsection?

Not to shit on memphis parkourstaton but I liked the old version better because it was linear and no "find a way in" Just plain and simple.

the jump buffer definately should be explained somewhere. thats the number 1 reason people are having trouble with the movement.

sound is not global btw.

discoMoose, ketku and Jaguar like this

But would it be a good idea to have it in training section? It feels like there is so much that you can have in in it so where to draw the line? I would like to have many things explained in the training section because lets say you are new and you don't really get in touch with the community then you probably never came across with that info.

would be nice if the message in trainingsection could reference to a video or something so instead of explaining a ciclejump in text they could show how to do it.

Thought it was global ;) My bad dansen. 

Think it is already in loading screen but I can mistaken because I'm not sure.

Might be a good idea to to add a "hit any key to continue" to the end of those loading screens, too. Maps tend to load too quickly for me to read the tips.