Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZEMOS

[0.49.1] Full MouseWheel rotation

8 posts in this topic

Just picked up the game and was wondering if there was a way to make the mousewheel go all the way back around to first weapon or all the way backwards (like it does in quake)? As it is I'm unsure of a way to get back around to 1 without actually cycling though or pressing the 1 key. 

Thanks in advance, 
Z

If this was CS I could write you an alias bind but we don't have the alias command in Reflex so it's probably better for someone to make this for you in lua. Regardless it's a good idea I hadn't thought of before :D

Hey @ZEMOS, welcome to Reflex!

Sorry if I have misunderstood you, but it is best to use a single keybind for each weapon rather than 'scrolling' through them, due to the much greater speed and accuracy. Even for a beginner I wouldn't recommend it any other way.

What Jaguar said. At first I had the exact same problem as you, but binding every weapon to a separate key is an absolute must. Personally I have rockets for mwheelup and ion for mwheeldown

2 hours ago, Jaguar said:

Hey @ZEMOS, welcome to Reflex!

Sorry if I have misunderstood you, but it is best to use a single keybind for each weapon rather than 'scrolling' through them, due to the much greater speed and accuracy. Even for a beginner I wouldn't recommend it any other way.

Could it be ZEMOS = Dem0n??? ;) Dem0n, a top QuakeLive player, uses scrollwheel to change weapons. So, it's not unheard of at top tier skill levels.

2 minutes ago, lolograde said:

Could it be ZEMOS = Dem0n??? ;) Dem0n, a top QuakeLive player, uses scrollwheel to change weapons. So, it's not unheard of at top tier skill levels.

Ah, the edge case scenario!

lolograde likes this

On 2/16/2017 at 3:52 PM, lolograde said:

Dem0n, a top QuakeLive player, uses scrollwheel to change weapons. So, it's not unheard of at top tier skill levels.

I've heard of people using scrollwheel to switch up and down, using some keybind as a base for it, ie. using mwheel to switch to weapon 1 or weapon 3 from weapon 2 (base bind), because this technique is still practical - but I've never heard of anyone using mousewheel for the whole arsenal. Anyone who's doing that is definitely being held back by their stubborness regardless of how used they may be to it.

lolograde likes this