Ramagan

Reflex Duel Guide

23 posts in this topic

I'll be starting a Duel guide series on youtube, mostly aimed at current and upcoming duelers that want to improve.
Feel free to provide feedback on the videos and suggest topics you want to cover, the first few videos will be about the basics, I'll probably go into the more advanced stuff as the series goes on.

Playlist

1. Introduction

2. Fundamentals 

3. Movement

Thank you for watching !

Edited by Ramagan

Topic suggestions:

1. Out of control play and breaking enemy control

2. In control play and keeping control

3. Playing against a player with better aim

4. Playing against a player with better control

Edited by lolograde

Really like the format and editing, looking forward for more!

Fantastic work @Ramagan, this is really good to see and coming from you, one of the top players, makes it all the better. I'd really like to see a guide to out of control play/breaking control, like lolograde says in his post. This is the most confusing aspect of the game for new players and I get asked a lot about it. Looking at examples of good play whilst out of control with your voiceover would be great. I'd be happy to help!

Great video. I'd love to learn what your take on establishing and maintaining consistency in presence and aiming is at some point down the line.

Thanks for this! Really interesting, as a new player we can't get enough of these. The more in depth the better.

Grybzt and DraQu like this

"Everyone can shittalk in a discord chat, but not everyone can win a tournament." (c) Rama

ROFL, Quote of the year. 

This is awesome m8!! GG!

3rd video of the series : 

Thank you all for the feedback and the suggestions, as I said in the first video and the first post, the first few videos will be about what I consider the most important aspects in duelling in reflex which can help you improve drastically, I'll probably do more advanced videos in the future, right now I'm trying to keep the videos below 10/15mins. Feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you for watching !

Edited by Ramagan
Joe, Greed, Kyto and 4 others like this

On 21.2.2017 at 9:45 PM, Pill_ said:

Might be interesting to do one vid on what you consider the first thing an aspiring dueler should focus on learning.

It might be what's the series is already aimed at. Maybe after first things to learn, something like a step by step "training plan" for improvement. ;)

This is perfect for me as I want to get into duel now that I understand the basics of the game (movement, kinda know when to use which weapon).

10 seconds into the introduction video I recognize a french accent is that right ? I am french as well and I just want to get better so maybe I can add you on steam and have a chat about the game ? (Great english btw)

Great videos and format, keep it coming sir :)

Hi @Ramagan, Great series! I've been playing 100+ hours or so and I'm currently at the upper scale of silver (on a good day gold for a couple of matches), and I feel like a hit a plataeu. Another player recently commented I could improve my out of control play. Hence the question, could you do a video about this: playing out of control, and getting to the shared control state. 

Thanks, and looking forward to the next video (hint hint :) )

Menno 

Jaguar likes this

hey @Menno hit, hit me up on discord if you see me around. i can try and show you some stuff

Menno likes this

4 hours ago, Menno said:

Hi @Ramagan, Great series! I've been playing 100+ hours or so and I'm currently at the upper scale of silver (on a good day gold for a couple of matches), and I feel like a hit a plataeu. Another player recently commented I could improve my out of control play. Hence the question, could you do a video about this: playing out of control, and getting to the shared control state. 

Thanks, and looking forward to the next video (hint hint :) )

Menno 

likewise, I'd be happy to show you some things. I was actually thinking of doing a 'tips out of control' kind of video.

Menno likes this