Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Retrofraction

I need feedback on what to update on my map

8 posts in this topic

Hey long time no see. I was an early user on Reflex and I really went crazy with it and made a single map that was great but I think it kind of got left behind as changes were added. But it seems that the game runs very stable now and I can consistently get 50 FPS.

So I want feedback on my original map Crossroads... I sent it to map contests... I sent it to people that were reviewing maps but I never really got the good feedback I needed to make this map competitive. All I know right now is that it is kind of square and desperately needs rounding out.

I do know there are themes and other stuff added to the game but it seems like I cannot get access to those for some reason... But I guess I can continue on and try to make some good pre-fabs to make up for that.

Anyway here is a link to the map, I would love to get feedback as again I really just want to make is a great over all map that eventually can fit the quality needed to be included as part of the games map selection.

Any help would be great!!!

http://reflexfiles.com/file/65

On 2/20/2017 at 1:07 PM, lolograde said:

Did you publish to workshop?

No, its still on reflex files.

Its pretty easy to load, you just drop it into your map folder and then when you load the game just open the command prompt and type in "map crossroads_1"

Do you think I should publish it now? I was thinking about holding back a bit as I looked at it and I really need to update the geometry more so it has more curved feel to it and less edgy.

On 2/20/2017 at 1:07 PM, lolograde said:

Did you publish to workshop?

Also when I try to edit effects using the content browser I cannot see anything...

14npis2.jpg

26 minutes ago, Retrofraction said:

Also when I try to edit effects using the content browser I cannot see anything...

Because you are filtering for things with "white" in their name

wq5wrUv.png

9 hours ago, Nathan said:

Because you are filtering for things with "white" in their name

wq5wrUv.png

Yeah... so i figured out that you are suppose to open the content browser through the properties box of an effect in order for it to show the effects in the content browser. Good thing I knew it was the blue box...

11 hours ago, Retrofraction said:

Yeah... so i figured out that you are suppose to open the content browser through the properties box of an effect in order for it to show the effects in the content browser. Good thing I knew it was the blue box...

There are at least two or three in-depth video tutorials. There's also a good amount of written material on Reflex mapping on these forums and on http://wiki.reflexfiles.com/index.php?title=Main_Page.

It may be best for you to watch those videos and/or read those guides before starting or revisiting any projects. 

On 2/22/2017 at 5:03 AM, lolograde said:

There are at least two or three in-depth video tutorials. There's also a good amount of written material on Reflex mapping on these forums and on http://wiki.reflexfiles.com/index.php?title=Main_Page.

It may be best for you to watch those videos and/or read those guides before starting or revisiting any projects. 

Yeah I read through most of them back in the hay day. But I think I finally got my feet under me again.

I am more of a visual learner so I generally have to do something to understand how to do it. Which can be frustrating but once I get something its hard to forget... Unless 2-3 years go by XD.

Thanks for the help.