ZuLuuuuuu

On-Screen Replay Controls suggestion

5 posts in this topic

Hi, watching replays of good players is one of the best ways to learn how to play the game and how to do trick movements. Currently, we can control replay via console commands and bindings but it might be more user friendly to make on-screen controls. I did a mock up and wanted to share.reflex replay controls mockup.jpg

You can use progress bar to seek to a specific point in replay. You can play/pause, "+" makes the speed of playback faster and "-" slows down the playback. And you can select which player to follow or select the free camera from a dropdown box.

Joe, Grybzt, danskq and 8 others like this

That's a nice concept mate. Pretty replay editor UI is low down the list of priorities but when it comes, something like this would be ideal. Not to mention all the keyframe stuff, fov, interpolation things... in the meantime though it wouldn't surprise me if Lua could be used to facilitate some of these features?

lolograde likes this

I know demoflex was this huge complicated thing, but surely a lightweight widget solution should be possible?

Edit: i'm not a computerwizard so saying it's just writing some codes is probably a dick move, but hey

Didn't want to put this in a own thread but I would love if you get the dir of replays when you type the command in console. Or even better a own submenu to browse replays