Kyto

Small suggestions/bugs

39 posts in this topic

Recently I started collecting a list of small suggestions/bugs that every now and then bug me. None of these really deserve a topic of their own so I waited until I couldn't think of anymore that'd fall into the "small" category.

- Spawning on suicide shouldn't be random and/or suicide disabled (in duel at the very least)
- Dropped weapons shouldn't make the pickup sound when they expire
- Don't require spectators to callvote map (often they are afk and the vote will fail)
- Have a robo-hologram (or some other indicator) on spawn points
- Remove penalty reload time when firing an empty weapon
- Callvote timeout, callvote pause
- Command to nullify string cvars
- Forcing enemycolors on spec
- Enemy/friendly sounds based on the player you're spectating
- Expose spawns on LUA (% to on a specific spawn, flags that indicate what blocks a spawn)
- Show crosshair when spectating enemies
- Projectiles fired with Carnage should have 4x damage even if Carnage expires before they explode (and projectiles fired before Carnage was picked up shouldn't do 4x damage)
- Projectiles fired with Carnage should have a Carnage-effect on them
- Update stats in warmup, reset when warmup ends (for accuracy tracking etc.)
- Show previous stats on scoreboard in warmup after a game has ended
- Make scoreboard scalable
- Lockdown cl_playercolour1/2/3, selected robot-parts/melee during the game (to prevent widgets that automatically change these things)
- Weapon dropping in teammodes
- Destroy projectiles after the game ends

Feel free to post your own small suggestions/bugs or expand on any of these. Would also like to hear the devs thoughts on these (@shooter).

15 minutes ago, Kyto said:

- Have a robo-hologram (or some other indicator) on spawn points during warmup

Every bit of clutter counts

lolograde, Kyto and Greed like this

33 minutes ago, Kyto said:

- Expose spawns on LUA (% to on a specific spawn, flags that indicate what blocks a spawn)

Not sure on that one, i'd rather have proper documentation on how the spawnsystem works.

1 minute ago, seekax said:

Not sure on that one, i'd rather have proper documentation on how the spawnsystem works.

Yeah it could be a problem unless it's only exposed during warmup. All I want is for the spawn system to not be so obscured.

Jaguar likes this

On 2/22/2017 at 9:32 AM, Kyto said:

- Have a robo-hologram (or some other indicator) on spawn points

I really like this in CPMA would love to see it in Reflex.

1 minute ago, Speedbot said:

I really like this in CPMA would love to see it in Reflex.

Only during warm up, though. Not during a match. During warm up would be fine, during a match would be... something else. 

Jaguar likes this

-Teammode replays need to have something like: 

cl_camera_next_player
cl_camera_prev_player 

Right now, it's quite a hassle to watch e.g. 5v5 replays where people drop in and out.

Kyto, Jaguar, Monti and 1 other like this

- Stealing a spot in the spectators queue (non MM) is possible (i think by changing name)

- It's possible to audibly harass people (chat sound) while they are playing MM games (through the main menu iirc, thanks Lasker for pointing this out and showcasing it lol)

- It's possible to not have a player name at all, by inserting a few rare ANSI symbols (as the 'inventor', i would be sad to see this cool bug go tbh :()

And lastly this isn't a bug but it's BUGGING me all the time so i'll say it again anyways:

PLEASE, please, please make the grenade hitbox smaller because it's still way too random and people are firing 120 grenades in a single duel because heck why not if it hits ez

@shooter @Kyto

edit another 'bug': i just received an MM notification in the middle of a non-MM match, would be better to postpone it until the match has ended

Edited by Padawan
ketku and Joe like this

Make so that ENTER works as a key for opening chat and sending message while also closing chatbox, like it does in any other game. This was the case until one or two updates ago, now I have to press ESC to exit the chat. 

To add to my previous list of undiscovered/revealed bugs, here's another one that deserves to be in a separate post.

- When someone forfeits a match, the whole replay isn't saved to the repository

I LOST SOME RAPE DEMOS K THX

@shooter @Kyto

ketku likes this

Not sure if this counts as small or even something that is easily customizable, but I'd personally love to be able to shorten the window for queuing the next jump.

49 minutes ago, yakcyll~ said:

Not sure if this counts as small or even something that is easily customizable, but I'd personally love to be able to shorten the window for queuing the next jump.

Why? 

Perhaps this bug could also be fixed before the official release:

Sometimes when a nade or rocket hits me exactly at the moment when i exit a teleporter (with no back entrance, just a wall behind me) it bounces me back to where i came from (in front of the teleporter), so i'm basically briefly at the teleporter exit (other room), but the netcode somehow thinks i should end up on the other side of the map again (for example on t2 between the lower tele that leads to the RA area)

@shooter@Kyto

9 minutes ago, Padawan said:

Perhaps this bug could also be fixed before the official release:

Sometimes when a nade or rocket hits me exactly at the moment when i exit a teleporter (with no back entrance, just a wall behind me) it bounces me back to where i came from (in front of the teleporter), so i'm basically briefly at the teleporter exit (other room), but the netcode somehow thinks i should end up on the other side of the map again (for example on t2 between the lower tele that leads to the RA area)

@shooter@Kyto

Interesting actually. I've already encountered being stuck on a corner and propelled forward at original speed a split second later. I enjoy the lag compensation a lot, but occurrences like these are somewhat weird. :D

1 hour ago, yakcyll~ said:

Interesting actually. I've already encountered being stuck on a corner and propelled forward at original speed a split second later. I enjoy the lag compensation a lot, but occurrences like these are somewhat weird. :D

You mean skimming? That's intended so you don't lose all speed when you barely hit a corner. Looks a bit weird but improves the flow of the game a lot.

I haven't play reflex much, so my list is a bit different :) Mainly things that make it hard to convert from QL. Plus some minor stuff.

For start. No "press esc to continue" screen at start (is it needed?)

Graphics options:
- MSAA (and then SSAA) support or built-in downsampling. Maps have a lot of geometry that is flickering with distance, postprocessing AA can't fix that.
- gamma settings for map and player models
- lightning percentage option, 1=100%, and 0 would be like after r_lm_clear
- r_sun_intensity - support for values below 1
- r_hbao percentage, maybe in range from 0 to double the current amount
- dynamic lights setting for weapon fire/explosions, separate from r_effects_quality 
- r_decals independent of r_effects_quality
- option to disable screen vignette effect
- Textures support for mappers. With options to make it look like now - texture visibility percentage, or very blurred mipmap (like in q3/ql).

Offline training with all maps downloaded from workshop available. Currently maps are split in 2 places
...\SteamApps\workshop\content\328070\
...\SteamApps\common\reflexfps\maps\
and offline uses only reflex dir. I have some maps duplicated or even different versions, like:
\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\reflexfps\maps\Ruin.map 
\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\workshop\content\328070\595872330\595872330.map 

Other stuff:
- Physics config - So it would be possible to set it all, with presets q3, ql, cpma, reflex etc. Maybe even with strafe curve setting.
- customizable bots play - follow, static bot, 1 weapon bot, bot acccuracy, reaction time settings
- same key bind for different actions (like mouse wheel for weapons in game and cycle players in spectate)
- zoom fov setting and bind
- r_shadow_quality 2 - is almost 2x more taxing and looks very similar to r_shadow_quality 1

GoaLitiuM likes this

What about add assists in all modes besides duels. You know that you are having tough fight with one guy in FFA and there just come some violator and kill us. This are pretty much old quake standarts. It could be interesting if you was getting example 10 points for frag and 5 points for assist. It can be for sure more fun to play even when you are new and you make decent damage you deserve some points. 

Grybzt likes this

On 3/5/2017 at 10:29 AM, yakcyll~ said:

That sounds like wallclipping (which is intended).

List of my complaints:

- Rockets are shit (delayed projectiles, random knockback and capped splashdamage feels bad)

-> personally I think netcode needs some changes to have less delay on rockets.

- Plasma projectiles should always deal the same damage no matter how you hit

- Matchmaking only works for duel. For other modes you almost never find players. Make seperate queues for each mode and display the amount of players in each queue.

- No stakegun as pickup, no stakegun ammo pickup

1 hour ago, furyaxsfigkjhn said:

- Plasma projectiles should always deal the same damage no matter how you hit

They don't? Are you talking about splash damage?