Kyto

Small suggestions/bugs

40 posts in this topic

Yes I think splash damage does get applied when your plasma projectile hits your target with it's outer side.

Just now, furyaxsfigkjhn said:

Yes I think splash damage does get applied when your plasma projectile hits your target with it's outer side.

So you can do potentially more than 20dmg? Or are you saying you'd rather deal 20dmg whether or not it's direct or splash? If the latter, wouldn't that make PG even more powerful? 

Plasma deals 15 dmg on direct hits on the center of your enemies model. If your plasma projectile hits the outer side of your enemies model it deals less than 15 dmg because it only deals splashdamage. In QL plasma shoots slower and projectiles are slower, too... But they always deal full damage except when you shoot on the ground near your enemies feet.

Shotgun shooting widely instead circle (so will become useful as last shoot weapon)

Grybzt likes this

show ping during map picks, high ping is harder to handle on some maps

In matchmaking for team modes kill the game before it starts if an odd number of people accept it. I have yet to have a single team based game where a one person didn't decline the match and they were all horribly unbalanced. I've been on both sides of it and it just sucks.

Instagib must be with more than 3 players. 1 player just can rekt 2 others (I'm not saying about situacion, when 1 of that 2 leaving)
And same about FFA.

Also Arena 1v1 can become to 1 guy rape everyone else. Here definitely need some changes.

Jaguar, Grybzt and ceezyr like this

1 hour ago, sensi_ said:

- add the option to set the crosshair color

ui_crosshairs_r/g/b

No idea why this isn't in the widget options though.

Owl likes this

I would like to have an option to enable crosshair color flash on hit instead of hitmarker. And I would like to have the option to disable the crosshair while having hitmarker enabled.

Seperate HOME and MATCH tabs. So you could go to HOME while being in match.

I often want to check home page while in match (check friends, go watch some matches and etc), but I don't want to disconnect from match.

Goulox, Kyto, GoaLitiuM and 5 others like this

Posted (edited)

Sorry for the huge list but here it goes... (and I realized not all of these are "small suggestions", I just listed everything I could think of):

• borderless windowed mode (come on it's 2017 and no native support for borderless mode?)
  • switch to borderless mode when leaving fullscreen, and automatically enter fullscreen when receiving focus again (as cvar?)
  • built in resolution scaling option (similar to Nvidia DSR and AMD VSR), which only affects rendering of the scene (render UI at native/viewport resolution)
    • as @insect pointed out, some geometry and lighting can cause extreme pixel walking, so having option for higher end PCs to render at higher resolution would be nice to have
    • this would also help low end PC users to prevent UI getting stretched and hard to read at lower resolutions
  • remove "Press Escape to Continue" screen, or allow us to skip it (with cvar or LUA)
  • cvar to control which demo will be used as menu background instead of menu.rep (and option to disable it completely instead of removing menu.rep every time game update decides to replace it)
  • more server browser filtering options (filter by game mode, ping, password protection I'm blind...)
  • map editor stuff:
    • allow placing spawn points for bots
      • bots should always spawn at these locations (restricted to training mode only to not complicate things)
      • or alternatively allow placing bots directly in the map (like turrets)
    • respawning shootables with configurable respawn time
  • LUA wishlist:
    • expose cl_replaymarker notifications to LUA (for replay marker popup widget)
    • add support for widget console commands (triggers a callback in LUA side when pressed and released)
      • streamlines development of most command based widgets (no more reading cvar values at draw() function every frame)
      • makes it easier to implement widgets like zooming that relies on +showscores hacks
      • makes it possible to implement alias command via LUA
    • allow widget cvars to be named after anything (no longer restricted to ui_<widget>_<variable>)
      • as a security measure, disallow names starting with cl_, sv_, r_ prefixes
      • upon registering the new cvar, throw an lua error if trying to register cvar with already reserved name
    • bindReverseLookup: return list of keys bound to this command
    • expose all console messages to LUA (kinda risky but do want, enables custom console widgets?)

EDIT: few more...

• support passing console commands via program launch parameters (dedicated server supports this already)
  • track player.stats and player.weaponStats during warmup
Edited by GoaLitiuM
DraQu, insect, Qualx and 1 other like this

On 07/03/2017 at 1:01 PM, HaraldQuake said:

Matchmaking only works for duel. For other modes you almost never find players. Make seperate queues for each mode and display the amount of players in each queue.

yes, knowing if there is people queueing for a particular mode, could enable players who want to play multiplayer modes to decide to uncheck duel modes and wait a bit. Maybe a global chat-room for people who are in the game menus could be useful to set up multi-player games. People could indicate what game modes they are likely to play, that could be displayed with a small tag next to their names in the chat user list.

Luft and Grybzt like this