shooter

Announcing the Reflex Arena launch date!

74 posts in this topic

Thank YOU, Turbo Pixel Studios, for making the best arena fps ever! Congratulations on what you guys have achieved!

I LOVE YOU! S2

I can't wait for the release date!

Electro, TornadoStorm and Yup like this

Well.. Nice to hear but really I think it's a bit too early for a full release. We don't have enaugh original TDM and CTF maps.. And I hoped to see some new stuff in the game (human and alien characters, new powerups or items like a hook or jetpack, stakegun, Domination, Honeymode, some kind of round based objective mode like bomb defuse or rush from Battlefield). Anyway it's nice progress beeing done. Bots and Comp seasons are great and important.

20 minutes ago, furyaxsfigkjhn said:

Well.. Nice to hear but really I think it's a bit too early for a full release. We don't have enaugh original TDM and CTF maps.. And I hoped to see some new stuff in the game (human and alien characters, new powerups or items like a hook or jetpack, stakegun, Domination, Honeymode, some kind of round based objective mode like bomb defuse or rush from Battlefield). Anyway it's nice progress beeing done. Bots and Comp seasons are great and important.

This is way way early for launch. They have not even touched sound system .Lets be honest - sounds are pretty bad at moment.Even if things like  sounds, bots, game modes, tutorials and ton of other  stuff are implemented on launch date ,there would need few months of patching and polishing. IMO it's not too friendly for casual Joe to jump in at moment.I hope i'am wrong.Oh and little things like Stake Gun (fun to use weapon) ,cassual fun game modes and bad ass sound announcer are pretty important for newbs too.

lumpp likes this

On the other hand.. maybe the game gets more attention and a boost in playernumbers when it's out of early access. I hope there will be exclusive unlocks for team based modes so people get motivated to play them more.

Great news. Just a quick question, will there be a rank reset on launch? Since it's the start of a first season.

I really hoped we would get the alpha melee in gold :(

But great to hear this game is out of early access soon! <3

I dont think it needs more maps or art for release. But more stuff for players who are new to FPS. And bots are a good start for this. The only thing i would really add before release is a much better training/tutorial for movement. Its half the fun to move around fast, and it would be a pitty if a new player leaves the game before even getting a taste of this. Its probably hard to make something good for this in-game, I guess a combination of video-tutorial and training map would work best.

3 hours ago, furyaxsfigkjhn said:

Those are a lot of things and it would delay the launch several months which would cause players to be interested in competing -higher budget- products like Diabotical and Quake Champions.

Having said that, it might have been good to test the additional launch functionality for a while before release, something like "release candidate". Especially, I wonder how well bots will function.

Well i just noticed that you guys don't let shared games use matchmaking :( I have reflex in other acc than my main acc so i guess i have to buy it again... thanks.

NicholasWalters likes this

3 minutes ago, Mercano said:

Well i just noticed that you guys don't let shared games use matchmaking :( I have reflex in other acc than my main acc so i guess i have to buy it again... thanks.

Sorry, Mercano, but that's not their responsibility. :/

Is this "other account" a friend's or yours? If it's a friend's account, that's totally not on them. If it's your account, then you can play Reflex from there, easy.

Just now, Muleke_Trairao said:

Sorry, Mercano, but that's not their responsibility. :/

Is this "other account" a friend's or yours? If it's a friend's account, that's totally not on them. If it's your account, then you can play Reflex from there, easy.

I'm not blaming anyone, just informing something that they didn't announce in this major step in development and release. Is my account the other one too, but i don't have it in my main. Anyway, as i said before, i'm not blaming anyone.

NicholasWalters likes this

Just now, Mercano said:

I'm not blaming anyone, just informing something that they didn't announce in this major step in development and release. Is my account the other one too, but i don't have it in my main. Anyway, as i said before, i'm not blaming anyone.

Got that, buddy. :)

12 minutes ago, Mercano said:

People abused sharing to smurf in matchmaking, it had to go.

Sharqosity likes this

Just now, seekax said:

People abused sharing to smurf in matchmaking, it had to go.

I see. I know that in CS:GO is the same way.

To everyone saying it's too early for full release - do you really think they'd be dumb enough to wait even longer and risk competing with Quake Champions and Diabotical?

Looking forward to the competitive seasons thing, although I don't really care about buying Gold skins with the points. Why not just use them to buy items in general? Gold is tacky.

Also, does this mean another ranking reset?

Loori, Electro, Grybzt and 2 others like this

19 minutes ago, Necrophag1st said:

Looking forward to the competitive seasons thing, although I don't really care about buying Gold skins with the points.

The gold is a symbol of how awesome you are. If you're all blinged out, you can look like Trump Tower, wearing your MAGA hat.

Electro and fogelmensch like this

If you reset MM ranking, lock Competitive MM with level cap. To protect total newbies from train wreck.

I think level 10 to unlock comp mm would be okay.

Also HYPE <3 <3 :)

Sharqosity and lumpp like this

THIS is the most HYPE thing I've seen all year!!!

Grats to devs. Hard work and patience pays off!

Grats to vets who hung in when the BS was all over the walls!

Very excited!!!

REFLEX

danskq, Owl, Kyto and 2 others like this