Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
capo

FPS Benchmark map

7 posts in this topic

Its like i am not mapping the map or something. I am bad mapper and probably even more bad at lua , coding etc. Though i think it could be good idea having some perfomance map. Basically something like dat http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=czech&id=500334237 . When the bots are coming it can be helpful for maps like dat for sure too. It could be really nice see "accurate" fps benchmarks and see the people which fps they got with certain rigs...Discuss, discuss.

would be nice to see how different amd/nvidia models would score with the exact same settings

I think something like timedemo command from Quake series would be fitting to measure performance with ease

Not sure, people complain about 421 performance but it has lights that are both pointlight/spotlight with shadows turned on, if you add people's ultra settings the number of verts skyrocket for no particular reason as there is barely any difference (some lights have some geometry to actually use the shadows ON but it feels like it ditch the performance heavily).

I've posted that thct1 screenshot the other day, we were just adding things as usual and suddenly we ended up with 12000K verts with just half of the RA room done. After removing godrays, turning shadows off of lamps, removing some meshes that could be created with brushes we managed to lower the verts count to around 2500K, basically more than doubling the fps. I've talked with shooter the other day and he promised that he would add an option to turn the sun off for maps that don't really make use of it as it further improves the performance (without the sun I'm around 1000K verts so that's like 10% of the initial geometry we had and less than half of what I have now without touching anything). 

More on the topic I think there should be a 'default' demo on a well-optimised map that people could run with something like timedemo 1. It would be cool if the summary screen would give you detailed info about frames/gpu/cpu usage :)

MAD_JIHAD, lolograde, MnstH and 1 other like this

Its probably best to do benchmarks with a demo and a lua script to go with it. Demos contain the map file in them so everyone would be on the same map.

Grybzt likes this