Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
def

AMD users with game crashes - read this

26 posts in this topic

hey guys

just in advance if someone has issues with game crashes and stuff in reflex and using amd gpu

it turned out that the drivers 17.2.1 and 17.3.1 make issues with reflex

in that case uninstall that one and install the previous driver 17.1.2

all issues fixed

issues: game crash with message  "failed to allocate constant buffer"

or screen freezing / turning black of reflex window. game still goes on (sound and typing etc.)

lolograde, Yup, zokolate and 3 others like this

Maybe the overclocked 4-6 core ryzens which comes later will be decent, but now i still dont see reason leave the combo intel + nvidia which work just so good. 

Same issue here with R9 390 8Gb on latest drivers. Funny how thinking you'd get fixed problems and improvement performance by updating your drivers regulary to the latest while it's actualy worse... (-_-)

Something else I've noticed, the in-game console seems to report lower Vram detection and Ram that what I actualy have so it doesn't fully use all the potential of what I have. The game also always launch by default in Windowed mode even though I've checked full screen, which is a little annoying. I can't find the command to manually tell him how much Vram and Ram my system have. Do you guys know?

Image #.JPG

I use GeForce GTX 750 Ti and get the same message after installing newest driver..

Got the crash today for the first time. Thanks for letting me know that it's kinda "normal". Did you write an report to AMD? www.amd.com/report AMD actually usually does a good job in fixing stuff if you reporting it.

Just tried 17.3.2 with reflex and the driver still crashes, so 17.1.2 is still the preferred driver

confirmed, just had a crash yesterday. the game got stuck and switched to windowed mode with a black screen... -_-

I managed to reproduce this with 17.3.2, took about 3 full duels before screen went black (could still hear game sounds in the background)

Does this sound consistent with what others are experiencing? Currently looking in to this further.

Greed likes this

on fullscreen my screen just keeps the last picture of what i saw before the freeze. if i alt+enter it turns black

other than that, yes. i can even use the keyboard ingame

pretty much the same thing that has happened to me since 17.2.1, and it doesn't matter in fullscreen or windowed mode, though in windowed mode I'll get a desktop message saying that the graphics driver has crashed.

just had that crash with 17.1.2 drivers! :unsure:

low graphics settings but anti-aliasing on SMAA Ultra @ 1080p

did u downgrade from a newer one before? maybe u should clean up ur drivers

i never had that issue with 17.1.2

My game crashed on startup with 17.3.1 and 17.3.2, but 17.3.3 seems to work just fine for now.

I had this problem, but just updated to 17.4.1, and it appears to be fixed.

Edit: Turns out it still crashes, I just can play longer before a crash

def likes this

2 hours ago, scar_tom said:

Still broken with latest drivers. Bump

It only happens to me if I have Sun enabled.

On 12.3.2017 at 1:19 AM, PanzerIV said:

Same issue here with R9 390 8Gb on latest drivers. Funny how thinking you'd get fixed problems and improvement performance by updating your drivers regulary to the latest while it's actualy worse... (-_-)

Something else I've noticed, the in-game console seems to report lower Vram detection and Ram that what I actualy have so it doesn't fully use all the potential of what I have. The game also always launch by default in Windowed mode even though I've checked full screen, which is a little annoying. I can't find the command to manually tell him how much Vram and Ram my system have. Do you guys know?

Image #.JPG

This program: https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases allows you to play in windowed fullscreen. This way you won't have problems with alt-tabbing and you can set it to automatically fullscreen reflex. It's amazing.

for me it completly freeze my machine i can't alt tab or something else to recover, have to hard reset machine every time  vga=rx480, driver 17.4.2 i don't have any issues in another game  it just reflex. FIX THIS.

scar_tom and panikborke like this

On 4/28/2017 at 5:09 PM, banReflex said:

It only happens to me if I have Sun enabled.

The map that always crashes for me is skytemples, try that without sun and tell me if it crashes for you. For reference, I'm on an RX 480 and still have my drivers rolled back so I can't test this.