shooter

Reflex Arena Launch - Changelog

17 posts in this topic

Please see announcement post here: http://forums.reflexarena.com/index.php?/topic/4266-reflex-arena-launch/

See full changelog below.

Cosmetics:

• Golden weapons now available - these are purchasable with competitive points in the profile menu
  • New character parts "Ronin", including legs, arms, chest, head
  • New melees: Katana, Tech Katana
  • Added arms: Colossal
  • Added heads: Jaguar, Owl, Monkey, Hockey, Hog, Cyborg, Roo

Art: 

• Added jumppad effects to jumppad brushes, subsequently jumppad green surfaces are no longer visible during play
  • Training maps have had a quick spit n polish applied

Maps:

• Updated Ironguard: Isengard off workshop
  • Added map Aerowalk

Bots:

• We've added bots to the game! They are not designed to beat the #1 player in the world, they are designed to practice against.
  • You can find bots under TRAINING -> bots.
  • You can add bots to your game via PLAY -> Host Game in the menu.
  • Alternatively you can use sv_addbot (additional available parameters displayed in console)
  • Bots are a first pass and will likely receive future improvements and fixes.

Bots (to map creators)

• To use them in your levels, you can build navmesh with the editor toolbar (or with nav_build), these are saved when maps are saved, and published to workshop when maps are published
  • To debug the navigation, you can use nav_debug 1
  • Use EntityNavLink's to set up special jumps for bots, you can also help them take jumpads which are not usual trajectory
  • note: You'll need to upload your nav to the workshop before people can play bots on your maps!

General improvements:

• Country code length from 2 to 7 chars (sct flag for CrazyAl)
  • Can now forfeit in overtime
  • r_smaa 1 is now default AA
  • screenshotClean will now ignore replay primitive objects (camera spline etc)
  • Entity reflection probe position now effects lighting hash (i.e. moving reflection probes will now cause lighting to become invalid)

MM improvements:

• Blocked MM if game owner isn't same as logged in steam id (i.e. using family sharing)
  • Now receive CP for winning competitive games
  • Added Turbo Tuesday! Double CP
  • Matchmaking CA / TDM now strictly 4v4
  • Updated map pool (see announcement)

UI improvements:

• Added team colours to kill feed, in non-team modes own results in kill feed take your primary colour, your kills are highlighted brighter
  • Added PickupNotifier widget
  • Added FragNotifier widget
  • Added TeamHud widget
  • ScreenEffects widget: added hurt/damage feedback
  • Awards now display for the correct time during replay export.
  • Crosshairs.lua updated: added hit feedback (additional drawn (choose from 1 of 7 available), configurable size, end size, intensity, duration), preview displays combined result that will be seen at initial damage dealt

Replay editor:

• We've added a UI for the replay editor, including timecode + dropdown to select who you're following
  • ESC now works properly in replay editor, with a context-sensitive replay menu

Gameplay improvements:

• Spawn system: suicide kills are no-longer random spawn.
  • Spawn system: LOS test now much looser (i.e. it won't pass if spawn point is hiding behind a pillar for that instant)
  • Changed gconst_grenade_trace_radius_world 1.0 -> 0.5
  • Changed gconst_grenade_trace_radius_entities 0.25 -> 0.0

Bug fixes:

• Fix for crash occuring in client remote console when attempting to format bogus strings
  • MatchPicker widget: added clip on author name to prevent long names overhanging map tile
  • Fixed issue around "Start" button on menu where it was trying to show an empty hovertext next to it
  • Removed sounds heard during load screen
  • Game countdown no-longer aborts if someone disconnects in MM games. (I believe this was the cause of behaving players receiving bans - the countdown would stop as opponent has DCd, then they'd DC (rather than wait for the full timeout) which would give them short ban.)
gfield, GoaLitiuM, matt_au and 34 others like this

So great really. I dunno how many people is awared how its hard make bots to game  and they are almost same useless like important on some point. GJ really on that. And also the gold weaps are really sexy RL <3. Liked also adding that widgets to default, they were missing. (íi am actually not sure about some widgets if they were already here or were made now, though the team widgets were missing i think). 

Thaylia likes this

What about optimization?

In QL i have 250FPS

Core 2 Quad Q8200. 4GB RAM. Radeon HD4600

screenshot00001.png

11 minutes ago, sesen said:

What about optimization?

In QL i have 250FPS

screenshot00001.png

QL is effectively a 17 year old game. You'll have to upgrade, no amount of optimization is going to make Reflex run well on a low-midrange system from almost 10 years ago.

4 minutes ago, seekax said:

QL is effectively a 17 year old game. You'll have to upgrade, no amount of optimization is going to make Reflex run well on a midrange system from almost 10 years ago.

Ok, but in the same CSGO i have >100fps

Just now, sesen said:

Ok, but in the same CSGO i have >100fps

CSGO is already 5 years old and it's based on an even older game. The best tip i can give you is lowering the resolution.

5 hours ago, sesen said:

What about optimization?

In QL i have 250FPS

I have i7-3770k@4.5GHz, GTX970 OCed too. And:

- on empty map it can be stable 333fps with 20% CPU, 50% GPU use.

- but on 16 players FFA the framerate dropped to 130, 100 or less after map change. This time GPU was almost idling, and CPU at about 25%.

So it seems the game gets CPU bound on a populated server, also uses only 2 cores.

Yeah, it is. Looks like graphics stuff comprises minority of work to be done during gameplay. Unsurprisingly, I have reported similar results as sesen with a C2Q Q9450. Additionally I've been trying to improve them by tweaking with obscure system settings and whatnots. Probably won't make it without a major upgrade soon. Leaves me hoping for further optimizations. Suspecting they might be a little limited in that regard, but one can hope.

there is some z-collision on the first trainingmap. At the lavapit

On 3/7/2017 at 8:20 PM, shooter said:
  • Added FragNotifier widget

Hey this widget looks a little familiar :P The code is familiar too ;)

(For the record, I don't mind)

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, sesen said:

What about optimization?

In QL i have 250FPS

screenshot00001.png

I'm pretty sure it's your GPU. This game is actually fairly GPU-intensive even at low settings; my R9 380 is utilized 15-25% on 640x480, all low, with 160FPS (capped). I have a similar CPU (equivalent to a Q9550 @ 4GHz) and I have no drops in that spot. 

The game also uses around 600MB VRAM at those same settings. Would be nice if that was optimized. I wonder how hard it would be.