GoaLitiuM

Bot Feedback Thread

10 posts in this topic

Post anything related to bots here, feedback and suggestions are welcome!

Here's something I noticed about bot's behaviour while two 50 skill bots dueled each other in Aerowalk:

• Bots doesn't seem to pay any attention to ammo, they would sometimes try to fire at the opponent when they have no ammo left
  • Bots doesn't actually roam around the map but they will easily get stuck on waiting some particular item to respawn (waiting next to +25hp, essentially doing nothing)
  • Weird prioritization over weapons, sticking with Burst Gun even after they've collected other weapons
  • Not sure if this is intentional but bots are able to gain levels while they play
Electro and lolograde like this

Would like to see bots try to go for RA/MH/YA, all game. Would also like to see bots prioritising the rockets, ic & bolt when they have them. For me, don't know about any1 else, but the bots keep walking backwards and getting stuck on walls. Would like to see this fixed.

Electro and NicholasWalters like this

The nav mesh doesn't recognize portals if the portal is in the air and not over top of ground.

bot_tele_bug.map

In FFA sometimes bots spawn inside eachother and just spin forever.

There needs to be a stuck counter, if a bot doesn't move after 10 seconds give it a random input.

We need some way to tell a bot not to go in certain areas or avoid areas.

They dont seem to use air control to jump around a corner for example.

bot_jump_nav.map

I don't really expect bots to be able to do crazy trick jumps but im not sure what a solution would be for maps which rely heavily on them. The map quickfire would be an extreme example, bots can't get to RA.

Sharqosity likes this

The bot can't handle the forcefield on static discharge. It'll just stand there waiting for you to walk through. Also the bot quite often gets stuck in a loop where it'll repeatedly peak the same corner/tele. It also seems to only concentrate on one thing, when it backs away from a fight it'll run past any item, even yellow on aerowalk.

/edit

With more than one bot on the server the game immediately starts.

fogelmensch likes this

Don't have video footage of this or anything but

I played a few games of FFA with a friend of mine and enough bots to fill the rest of the client limit.

After switching to instagib mode, something odd happened where the bots would only target and fire at my friend, but not me. This happened regardless of the skill setting for the bots.

When I say they would not target me, I mean I could literally stand next to a skill 100 bot and they would just spin around and not fire a single shot.

I'd like to have more options for changing bot behavior, like forcing them to use specific weapons, disallow them to shoot at players (dodging only), make them frozen etc.

arnold and Ypulsed like this

Damn the bot on aerowalk thinks he is playing dm6. Dang qw bots...

Bots shouldn't look at spawn points if their only enemy is currently alive. Also is it possible to delay their reaction to events by 200ms?

Another thing is they don't time items, if an item is not currently up they will not wait for it to come up.

Another thing I noticed is on Use and Abuse the bots can get stuck in the corner by RA.

https://gfycat.com/HeavenlyCleanHarrierhawk

Bots sometimes stop moving after they receive enough damage or have low health (or not even that but it happens less often than this). This is very evident in my bot training map where the goal is to shoot at a teammate bot which is roaming between different enemy spawn points, having immobile bot there kind of defeats the purpose of the map.