OG BlacKout

Performance drop

18 posts in this topic

Since the last update I've had FPS drops which I never had on any previous version of Reflex. I got a solid 150-200 FPS but for example, if I hit someone with a direct grenade up close, my FPS would sometime drop below 60 for a split second.

Another example is on the map Sanctum. You can see in the screenshot that I get around 40 FPS when I'm about to hit the bumper (never happened before).

I wanted to know if I'm the only one with this issue or if its from the last update (1.0).

Edit: talked with some players on a stream and told me they noticed some FPS drops as well.

fps drop.JPG

Can confirm the massive FPS drop since the update. Whereas i had 130-140 in most maps before, now its swinging between 80 and 100, it has pretty huge consequences for my mouse movement which lags behind like a mofo @shooter Otherwise, nice fully packed update guys

Posted (edited)

I wonder if it's related to the new jumppad effects? Has anyone tested whether Pocket Infinity (no jumppads) has changed for them? Or whether there's a pronounced FPS drop on Ruin (3 jumppads). 

Edited by lolograde
OG BlacKout and F4ster like this

i can confirm the fps drops. i also think that, as lolograde mentioned before, the new jumppads are the culprit. Played a round atdm on hieratic with with 10 players and before the update i got 333 fps stable. had bad drops to 160. that's pretty massive :(.

Furioness likes this

Ye but how are the jumpads culprit when the fps is ok in solo but bad with a lot players. Basically i played ATDM with 10 ppl with around 160 fps average, which is worse than before but not so drastical and it was on map full jumpads too. And then i was in warmup on simplicity which is basic map and textures and there was 13 players. I got 60 fps! I think the fps could always drop if only jumpads was the problem and not only with a lot people...

End  i just tested it (only with bots). There is biggest issuer the stuff on map. I mean items and guns. I tested with bots 4 player FFA on catalys got drops to 130 fps maybe fps avarerage maybe 180. Then switchted to AFFA. Where you got shit in inventory and there is nothing on map. Got almostable FPS all time even in fight. My capped is 250 fps...and it dropped max to 200 maybe...So there is problem with the world envirnoment and map more optimize it i think ...

I don't seem to have the issue that other people in this thread are experiencing (with jumppads). I think the problem lies with the matchmaking process that's going on in the background. When i'm spectating a game while being queued i have like 80 fps (but non queued and on a non mm server i don't). Strangely enough, even when i'm playing and the matchmaking process seems to have stopped already it still continues to hang around 80-100 fps. Perhaps the devs changed something in the matchmaking search algorithm thus it requires more cpu resources?

@shooter update: I noticed the fps drops get worse the longer i play, a restart temporarily fixes this, in b4 memory leak or smth (altho my reflex used only 800mb of ram)

i get fps drops around the sanctum jumppad aswell, down to 40 fps.. changing effect quality from high -> low solved it for me.

having performance problems too, lately :(

this happens pretty randomly and not map specific.

for example: last night, some MM duel on aerowalk versus @santile was simply not playable.

some keystrokes and mouse input got lost. i had to press keys multiple times to switch weapons after picking them up and the game itself felt kinda stuttering (like 40-60Hz refreshrate), although my rig wasn't stressed at all. the matches before and after were fine. :blink:

Grybzt likes this

I must actually be the only one in the entire community who's reporting more stable fps since release LMAO

Jaguar likes this

I think i finally found the cause of my sloppy fps since the update. I noticed there was a correlation between the low fps and when i was playing players with higher ELO that attracted many spectators. I checked several times and the FPS drops the moment the spectators are flooding in. (3+ spectators makes it lag). @shooter

For me the performance hit seems to creep up as I play. Like after 3 duels I got -50fps a bit more and it becomes -100fps. A restart fixes it for a while.

Duck, w96k and Grybzt like this

Before update I had everywhere stable 333 on 1280x720 with anything low of off except dynamic lighting and maximal anti-aliasing.
Now with same getting drops to 200 or even 170, that is awful.
RX 460 and i5-2500k.

I think there are two issues here.

The jumppad effect is very hard on GPU - this has been fixed and will be in next build. update: has not been fixed, going to need to re-work effect
As for the game slowing down over time, need more info here, i'll have to investigate :)

Grybzt and Jaguar like this