Ammazzabanane

Golden weapons? Lets do some math!

15 posts in this topic

First of all, dont take this as me complaining, im in love with the ladder/golden weapon idea and im very happy about the release!

That being said, i wanted to make some math about the golden weapons.
lets say i win 50% of my matches (which i dont lul, prolly more like 1%) and manage to play consistently around 3 hours a day (which is probably above average) 
this means 3 hours ~ 18 duels (if i only play ladder, and only play duels which i don't) = 9 wins = 90 points.
Considering a weapon costs 3000 pts. it means i would have to win 300 duels,therefore play 600, which translates in 6000 minutes (100 hours) which would be one month, With the full set taking 2100 duels to get with 21000 minutes of gameplay (700 hours) and therefore 7 months.

Now considering a lot of people dont play 18 duels a day, more like 6 i would say, this means it would take 3 months for one golden weapon and still 6 a day is no joke.

How do you guys feel about this? I like the idea of them being hard to get and all but it seems a bit overkill and i feel like probably i won't even get one, mostly because i suck lmao.

were they intended to be this hard to get? Will they be available only for this first 3 months and then the next 3 we will get some other ones, making the current ones unavailable? Again im not complaining, im just interested.

Keep on fragging boyz :P 

NicholasWalters likes this

I like that they take that extra bit of effort to get. People will get them eventually, and the harder the golden guns are to get the more rewarding they are to the first few to get them.

However, if they were to be made easier to get, a good way to do this imo would be to make a weapon cheaper the higher effectiveness you have with that weapon, for example such that 0% eff. means full 3000 CP and 100% makes it free, with linear progression in between. So with this system someone with, say, 30% effectiveness with RL could get the golden RL with only 2100 CP.

5 minutes ago, NeuerGolf said:

Keep in mind that you actually need 7 Gold weapons.

I don't think we should necessarily feel that a player should get them all. I feel it would be better if the golden guns were a rare "badge of honour", and that a player should choose which weapon to represent themselves with when they have the CP to get one.

Of course, pretty much everyone would pick the RL if it comes to that because it looks so much better than anything else, so maybe some adjustments are indeed needed.

3 minutes ago, Vie said:

I don't think we should necessarily feel that a player should get them all. I feel it would be better if the golden guns were a rare "badge of honour", and that a player should choose which weapon to represent themselves with when they have the CP to get one.

Of course, pretty much everyone would pick the RL if it comes to that because it looks so much better than anything else, so maybe some adjustments are indeed needed.

i mean, i would have liked if the RL was 3000 but like burst gun could have been 1000, IC 2500 BR 2000, and so on

42 minutes ago, Ammazzabanane said:

i mean, i would have liked if the RL was 3000 but like burst gun could have been 1000, IC 2500 BR 2000, and so on

Hmmm... Maybe weapons other than the big three should be cheaper. I wouldn't expect many to go for burst, SG or plasma when they're all the same price. I still think RL, IC and bolt should be 3000, or at least the same price.

50% wins for elo 1000 and same 50% for elo 2000, for both 10 points.
This can provide some shit like smurfs accounts, where guy downranking himself and slowly growing up keeping win rate near 70%.
Or it can a bit ruin willing of getting higher rank because win rate will decrease.
So, what about points relating to elo? So gold weapons will show or high skill or huge patience

3 hours ago, Vie said:

Of course, pretty much everyone would pick the RL if it comes to that because it looks so much better than anything else

lowkey the golden burstgun looks really sick though

Grybzt and AND like this

To get all 7 golden weapons should be a task of a lifetime, not 7 months.

I don't want to see everyone running with golden bolt in half a year.

fuglaa, AND, Vie and 1 other like this

If every1 has a golden weapon there is no real incentive to get a golden weapon.

If it takes a long time to get, it's more desirable, especially since less people will have it. The way it is at the minute is good, because it's a real grind to get a golden weapon & not many people will have one.

F4ster, Grybzt, Sharqosity and 4 others like this

What's so good about making it a lifetime-task? Shouldn't people who spend more time on fitness, career, family and other things have the same chance to unlock cool things in the game? I mean it's huge bullshit anyways that all these competetive multiplayer games are addictive and endless. I think all players should be able to feel progression in the form of unlocks (weapon skins). Gold weapons can be expensive but I don't like this exaggerated form. It would be cool to have unlockable gold, silver and bronze skins which unlock automaticly after a certain amount of frags or competetive wins. And there could be even more unlockable skins (like winter tiger camo on Ion Cannon or urban digital camo on Grenadelauncher..) But in the end Reflex itself will be outdated at some point and I think it should be possible to unlock all the things you want even with moderate time investment until the game loses it's relevance in comparison with other games / other AFPS.

Furioness likes this

I think the competitive point earn rate is pretty good as it is. There are only 7 weapons and I'm sure some people (like necro) are going to have their first pretty soon.

If there are more important things in life than grinding golden weapons, then things are as they should be and you should focus on them more. If you want progression, play MMORPGs.

I swear I don't get why everybody wants to have golden weapons without putting effort into the process. They are a sign of commitment, not just rando gimmick to show off to your boss on an off day. A token of recognition for experience and/or hard work. Don't feel anxious because you think you won't get one - it's just a video game.

Owl, DraQu and Grybzt like this

i feel like its great how it is and there is one thing i like the most about it.

u have to win 300 ranked matches. everyone!

so the top players cant lean back and sit on their elo being afraid to lose it. no, they have to risk it

this means progress in the ladder and not standing still

Grybzt, Kyto, matt_au and 2 others like this