Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaguar

Easy Race Maps server

12 posts in this topic

I've just set up a new server with a forced map rotation (no callvoting) consisting of easy race maps that any beginner should be able to complete, and quickly improve on.

Currently map rotation is:

Edge Abyss
The Mustard Tiger
Escape
bej-red
bej-black
easy skills challenge
dbro-race2

'Jaguar [RACE - easy maps]' - reflex.laerad.net:25797

Hopefully this will encourage new players to experience race mode and provide a more fun way of practising movement and jumps.

fogelmensch, Owl, lolograde and 5 others like this

Is  ParkourStation_Alpha  considered easy, or its not "full" race map pack?

13 hours ago, capo said:

Is  ParkourStation_Alpha  considered easy, or its not "full" race map pack?

I consider that a training map only. It doesn't actually have a start and a finish (well, a sub section of it does, but it is not the point of the map). And I have another server that loads parkourstation_alpha from the workshop by default. This is very much for people wanting to set times and see them improve as they get better.

Went on the server. Couldn't finish a map. Cried. Left. 

Good initiative though! 

1 hour ago, Lorim said:

Went on the server. Couldn't finish a map. Cried. Left. 

Good initiative though! 

Are ya shittin' me boy?! :P Come on with me sometime. Some of those maps you can literally just walk them :P

@Topic: Thx Jaguar for this server!

@CxeofPromode : For saving maps, open them with steam integration, type "savemap" into the console and you will have the map on your harddisc.

The leaderboard is a widget made by Brandon and Kawumm. Search "addons" for "race leaderboard plus", enable it in the widget menu and you will see the leaderboard while holding "tab". Times get only saved after a roundlimit is over.

Jaguar likes this

Your time will only be saved locally if you enable steam connection when opening a server. So you need internet connection for your times beeing saved. 

Is there a way to rtv currently? Was playing this with a newbie friend and playing on the same map only interested him for so long.

Thanks for the server.

You can do callvote nextmap on it; callvote map is unfortunately not allowed, but if Jaguar downloaded the map files onto the server, he could also enable it so that available maps would show when autocompleting callvote map (not sure about this part though).

Grybzt likes this

2 hours ago, yakcyll~ said:

You can do callvote nextmap on it; callvote map is unfortunately not allowed, but if Jaguar downloaded the map files onto the server, he could also enable it so that available maps would show when autocompleting callvote map (not sure about this part though).

Cool, I didn't know callvote nextmap was a thing. Currently I can't allow callvoting and restrict the maplist, so the rotation is all we've got right now @porkRaven

Grybzt likes this