Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoneM4d

Custom weapons and user generated content

3 posts in this topic

I think it will a nice addition to have custom weapon models besides weapon skins in game. Some weapons can be created by our one and only dev team while few other can be generated by fan base. Additionally you can return a % of each sold item to the creator that way everyone wins. This can work not only with weapon models/skin but also items as well. Users can get creative as hell and submit their work to the workshop for you approval.

A great place to look as a comparison is a game called ''Warframe'' they outsourced about 40% of all customization these days to the community and have routine voting on what items will be added to the game and everyone is happy because it is seen as them working with their talented fan base and their fans getting paid for items sold! 

Also you could give a shout out to id asking if it's cool with them if you can remodel their holy trinity in to Reflex, not as for profit item but something that can be obtained in game only and a sign of ''respect(?)'' and ''that you guys are awesome and good luck on your future launch''.

Just a badly phrased food for though, hopefully you guys get the idea. Discuss?

Yasashii, Electro, Jaguar and 2 others like this

Having a curated workshop is something I've wanted to do for ages. Melee's would be the easiest place to start and then robot parts, model swaps for the base weapons could be possible but there are other ways to go about modifying the look that would definately suit a curated workshop. 

Would need a bit of setting up though and some nice tools for you guys to use for testing etc but it is definately something I'm keen to do!

king, lolograde, GoneM4d and 7 others like this

8 minutes ago, Yasashii said:

Having a curated workshop is something I've wanted to do for ages. Melee's would be the easiest place to start and then robot parts, model swaps for the base weapons could be possible but there are other ways to go about modifying the look that would definately suit a curated workshop. 

Would need a bit of setting up though and some nice tools for you guys to use for testing etc but it is definately something I'm keen to do!

Now that I think about, think about 2 live trackers. One for kills other for % accuracy

Electro likes this