vcrylic

Looking to use the projectile sniper.

Question

A bit of an odd one here. About a week ago, I was playing Reflex when I heard a strange sound and was hit by an orange projectile. I was more than a bit confused, for I had never known of the weapon that fired it. So, in chat, I asked about how I could use this strange weapon (not sure of its name). I received several answers of "bind weapon 9." However, upon looking in my bindings, I noticed that I don't have a weapon 9. Am I blind? Am I looking in the wrong area entirely? Do I need to install some sort of update? Halp?

75gmOse.jpg

7 answers to this question

In the console! bind button weapon 9 is a console command; Stake Launcher is not available for general binding, since it's only available in an experimental ruleset that you have to explicitly vote for in a server.

vcrylic likes this

The weapon you got shot with was the stake launcher. The community has discussed if it has a place in the game or not. (Like replacing bolt rifle). I think it isn't in gui just because it isn't set in stone the role of stake ;)

Ah, thanks, I wasn't aware of this. The bolt rifle definitely seems preferable; it's far more consistent and increases the fast-paced brutality of the game. Hard to imagine Reflex being as fun without the intensity that it provides. 

1 hour ago, yakcyll~ said:

In the console! bind button weapon 9 is a console command; Stake Launcher is not available for general binding, since it's only available in an experimental ruleset that you have to explicitly vote for in a server.

Damn, how would I use this console? I've tried "/bind x weapon 9", "!bind x weapon 9", and a bunch of other variants, but I haven't had any luck.

On 4/8/2017 at 2:09 PM, vcrylic said:

Damn, how would I use this console? I've tried "/bind x weapon 9", "!bind x weapon 9", and a bunch of other variants, but I haven't had any luck.

Just bind x weapon 9, since you don't talk by default by typing in console like in Q3, there's no need for a separate character prefix.

Additionally, if you want to try the stake launcher in a local game, type in console:

callvote ruleset experimental_stake

This will replace bolt pickups with stake launcher.

However if you want default rulesets and don't want to replace bolt, you can try my map which has both stake and bolt pickups. This map is designed for stake usage: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764552988