Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZuLuuuuuu

How can I 1v1 my steam friend?

Question

Hello, I'd like to duel my friend. I created a game but my friend couldn't see it in server browser,

1) So I am guessing I need to setup a dedicated server with dedicated IP for that right?

2) If we are on the same local LAN, then how can he join to my game? Is there a console command for it? Would he see my game in server browser if we were on the same LAN?

3) If we are not on the same local LAN and if I don't have a dedicated server setup, what are our options to play a 1v1 game?

4 answers to this question

I'm not sure how to set up the lan but you may want to read through this: http://wiki.reflexfiles.com/index.php?title=Dedicated_Server

For #3, you'll need to open the ports to host games that can been seen publicly through the server browser. The port that Reflex uses is 25787. I think you'll need to go into your modem/router settings and make sure this port is "open". 

ZuLuuuuuu and yakcyll~ like this

1) Just grab your external IP (through whichever whatismyip service, google) and make sure the port you host the server on is open on your router.
2) ```connect ip:port <password>```
3) Same as 1), except instead of hosting a dedicated server you go through 'host a game' in the client.

ZuLuuuuuu likes this

Generally speaking the best way is to find an empty server with a ping that is good for you both, and just play. There's lots of servers! Main reason to either host on your own machine or set up your own dedicated server is to password protect it.

ZuLuuuuuu likes this

To play offline, all you have to do is launching the dedicated server reflexded.exe in the game folder, on one of the LAN PCs (it can be yours).
[But prior than that, you have to ensure that you have set "sv_steam 0" in the dedicatedserver.cfg of this PC.]

Then you can copy the reflexfps folder to all of your LAN PCs and launch the game by directly clicking on reflex.exe (no steam).

And then type "connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (local ip adress of hosting PC) or "connect localhost" from the hosting PC.

ZuLuuuuuu likes this