qufit

Help for beginners?

5 posts in this topic

So I came across this today: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=909284908&searchtext= and I also had some idea about make a widget that makes a path in the map. (Don't really know if it's doable) So you can se where I went and where I jumped etc.

Now to the question/suggestion/whatever. If you could record this and put on a map would that be of some kind of help for newbies to learn the movement?

If you mean like a trail that follows a player moving around the map, that already exists - however I don't know if the trail can be changed to last longer. In terms of learning the movement, itmight help, however it'll probably end up being useful as a guide for the map rather than teaching newbies how to get better

I mean that the trail always shows and is pre made. With where you are going to jump. This with the DDRKeys widget also "pre made" so that if you press the jump key at the right spot you will preform the jump correctly. The only thing that is missing is how you are moving the view. But perhaps you can do like a widget for that also. Kind of the accelmeter widget but instead of a point where you accel it's a point where you are going to look.

Currently the devs are intending to stop lua widgets from drawing into 3d space which would mean a big no for your ambitions regarding this addon. But even without this issue, I'm not sure if you could make this addon feel not-wonky.

3dshoot.png

Jaguar likes this

Then it's no point to make it ;) I just put it here to get some feedback if it was an good idea or not.