Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Callahan

Will Someone Explain Triple Jump Mechanics?

5 posts in this topic

I managed to do a few on xfdm2, the quad double box and red double box, but don't know exactly why I was able to do a triple jump. Is it similar to stair jumps in that you have to hit the edge of the boxes on the last 2 jumps? Anyone here able to get them down near 100%?

A much clearer, yet much tougher example is the triple jump from the lava RL to upper YA on cpm3. It's shown right at the end of the official movement video. Should give you a better idea.

This is what I think how triple jump works. First and 3rd jump has to happen within 400ms time for maximum height but sometimes this varies for some odd reason that I cannot explain. Maybe "step up" height when you hit the edges that are climbable(f.e. stairs) limit your initial height gain. Also, third jump is extremely hard to pull off because double jump will give you upwards velocity quite a bit and you need to hit the edge of the platform(because of no wall clipping whatsoever) you are trying to triple jump from.

Example of what doesn't work: double jump off from stairs -> head bump jump -> triple jump off the ground within 400ms. Like triple has to come off from an edge of some platform instead which is weird.

Okay, now if someone could kindly answer all pointers I theorized above. :)

EDIT: I Know triples are work in progress but still would love to know exactly how they work for now.

Funeral likes this

This is what I think how triple jump works. First and 3rd jump has to happen within 400ms time for maximum height but sometimes this varies for some odd reason that I cannot explain. Maybe "step up" height when you hit the edges that are climbable(f.e. stairs) limit your initial height gain. Also, third jump is extremely hard to pull off because double jump will give you upwards velocity quite a bit and you need to hit the edge of the platform(because of no wall clipping whatsoever) you are trying to triple jump from.

Example of what doesn't work: double jump off from stairs -> head bump jump -> triple jump off the ground within 400ms. Like triple has to come off from an edge of some platform instead which is weird.

Okay, now if someone could kindly answer all pointers I theorized above. :)

EDIT: I Know triples are work in progress but still would love to know exactly how they work for now.

+1

and whats up Mazu!? Long time no see. :)

A much clearer, yet much tougher example is the triple jump from the lava RL to upper YA on cpm3. It's shown right at the end of the official movement video. Should give you a better idea.

This one is literally is simple as a circle jump up, and click + click then dodge. For the people who struggle, watch Entiks movement video! So if you come down the stairs or go straight forward from red you can hold W + A the whole time without even changing keys. The most important part is to try and make sure your circle jump hits the right angle of the first edge, which is a bit hit and miss when your practicing. Be warned i did it like 50 times out of 100, then failed the next 50 turns flat out, so it can be quite hard.