Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goulox

Beginner's duel

2 posts in this topic

This map is a prototype, designed for beginners to enjoy and learn duel mode while playing.

When I say "beginners", I really mean people who barely know the game or any other afps, or just don't know what is going on in duel.
I often play with such people, because I get my friends to test the game as soon as I can, and what I learned is that we don't even imagine what is difficult for them.

Obviously, 2 main components are :

• WEAPONS (collecting and switching weapons, thinking of what weapon to select while fighting)
  • MAP (orienting themselves on the map is difficult, that's why they run ramdomly most of the time)
  • they don't even think about items at this point

Problem is, before having just a glance of the tactical interest of the game, there is a long way to go... Therefore for them the game is just about wandering and shooting what is moving, and of course getting crushed =).
My idea is to have a map that is way more simple than usual duel maps, but still fun =), so that it's less noisy (in terms of information), and make it easier and faster for beginners to come to focus on what matters (in theory).

So on this map, the main features are :

• Only main weapons are present (2RL, 1 IC, 1 BR) 
  • 1 GA and 1 YA (ya armor is in middle of the map in the air so easy and fun to punish.
  • 2x 25hp and 1 50hp
  • lots of double jumps to train, also 2 triple jumps in BR room (and it is possible to do one tele jump & one stair jump but quite optionnal)
  • All the spawn points are very close to weapons
  • The map plan is very simple, easy to learn
  • There is just one 1-way tele, cause teles cause a lot of confusion for new players

Feedback and ideas are welcome on 2 aspects :

- On the concept of having more simple duel maps for beginners in general.
- On the map in itself.

Cheers,

Map name : beginner_duel_1
Workshop link : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974358091

/fragile, goyakla, Grybzt and 1 other like this