Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OJ.

Binding two keys to a +command does not work properly.

3 posts in this topic

I have both s and space bound to +back. If I both keys are depressed, and then one released, it takes a second for the game to recognize that +back is still being issued. The result is that for one whole second the character will remain still. This applies not only to +back, but also to other +commands, as well as other keys. If for instance I have two keys bound to +attack, when one is released the weapon being fired will halt for one whole second.

I attempted to fix the issue by simply having space output s through autohotkey, but the result is the same. I believe this is because when -back gets sent it takes priority for a moment, and the game isn't able to recognize that realize that +back is still being issued and was never let go.

That's an interesting way to configure keys. Can I ask why you have it arranged like that?

I don't know if the problem/limitation you're experiencing is a bug or an intentional design. I know other games have intentionally designed things so you cannot have rapid input by using multiple keys like that. But I don't know if that's the intent with Reflex.

I tried binding space to +back originally only out of curiosity, but then found I actually prefer it. I keep S bound to +back because it's better for smaller adjustments. Rarely do I depress both at the same time, but it does happen. Releasing one in that situation (S) usually occurs if I move my middle finger to switch weapons.