Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finalspace

Most textures do not work in editor

Question

I built a race map and wanted to add proper texturing, but only the dev-textures are working - all other textures, like metal, brick whatsoever do not show any textures at all.

I just see the texture color and thats it. Disabling color has not helped either.

But internal textures like triggers works just fine, but leave for examples does not.

Also the content browser never shows textures in other categories like industrial, egyptian, events, ancient_japan, gothic, scifi - they are totally empty ;-(

Do i need some sort of a texture pack or something??

[brick, water, editor_fullclip, ivy_leaf_2, dev_blue]

reflex_editor_notextures.jpg

4 answers to this question

There are no other textures, only materials. The old brick/metal/etc. textures have been removed.

The devs made a decision to move away from textures and focus on a textureless  art style like some other games have done. 

I see, so my only choice to add more style in my map is to not use big brushes for everything, but rather smaller pieces so i can add other colored pieces between without trouble.

8 minutes ago, Finalspace said:

I see, so my only choice to add more style in my map is to not use big brushes for everything, but rather smaller pieces so i can add other colored pieces between without trouble.

There are also meshes. It depends what look you're going for. I would highly recommend looking at some of the existing maps out there that are well done artwork wise.