Tensor

Is there anyway to customize games beyond mutators?

4 posts in this topic

I would like to set things like frag limits, number of rounds in round based modes, time limit or even the removal of a time limit in place of a frag limit. Plus I would like to be able to make playlists and change the intermission time after every game. 

Grybzt likes this

21 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I would like to set things like frag limits, number of rounds in round based modes, time limit or even the removal of a time limit in place of a frag limit. Plus I would like to be able to make playlists and change the intermission time after every game. 

Time limit can be overriden on the server side. I believe the cvar is sv_timelimit_override <minutes>.

I'm not sure about those others you mentioned, though.

Heres a list of all the server variables and what they do. Rotations are like playlists. There are no score/frag limits, only time limits. Intermission time is not changeable. It would be nice to have more flexibility in the game modes and server settings for them.

["sv_allowcallvotemapmode"] = "<0/1> Enable or Disable allowing players to callvote map/mode on the server.",
  ["sv_allowcallvotemutators"] = "<0/1> Enable or Disable allowing players to callvote mutators on the server.",
  ["sv_allowedit"] = "<0/1> Enable or Disable allowing players to switch into editor mode on the server.",
  ["sv_allowmodes"] = "<mode(s)> Set which game modes to force. If the list is left empty, all modes are allowed.",
  ["sv_allowrulesets"] = "<ruleset(s)> Set which rulesets to force. If the list is left empty, all rulesets are allowed.",
  ["sv_autorecord"] = "<0/1> Automatically records a server-side replay of all games.",
  ["sv_country"] = "<ISO 3166-2> Defines the flag displayed to represent your server's geographical location on the server browser.",
  ["sv_gameport"] = "<port number> Set the server's game port.",
  ["sv_hostname"] = "<string> Desired server name to be displayed on the server browser.",
  ["sv_maxclients"] = "<number> Maximum number of clients that can connect to server.",
  ["sv_password"] = "<string> Set the server password",
  ["sv_refpassword"] = "<string> Set the password to allow players to become a referee.",
  ["sv_startmap"] = "<map name> Set which map to load on server launch.",
  ["sv_startmode"] = "<mode> Set which game mode to load on server launch.",
  ["sv_startmutators"] = "<mutators> Set which mutators to load on server launch.",
  ["sv_startrotation"] = "<rotation name> Set which map rotation to load on server launch.",
  ["sv_startruleset"] = "<ruleset> Set which ruleset to load on server launch.",
  ["sv_startwmap"] = "<Workshop ID> Set which workshop map to load on server launch.",
  ["sv_steam"] = "<0/1> Server shows up on public server lists.",
  ["sv_timelimit_override"] = "<number> Set the time limit for each map in minutes. A value of -1 uses the game mode time limit.",
  ["sv_timelimit_round_override"] = "<number> Set the time limit for each round in minutes. A value of -1 uses the game mode time limit.",
Grybzt and /fragile like this

Thank you for that. But is there no way to set the time to infinite or the number of rounds? I feel like all these features should be added to the game and be accessible without using the console.