Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MilAgro

A new Player

4 posts in this topic

Hello! I will start playing Reflex Arena and wanted to feel out the game and community a little bit ;)

I am 28 and come from playing CS 1.4/1.6, CSS, CSGO and recently Quake Champions Beta and Early Access. I think QC is very far from being playable, but I got caught up with the arena shooter part ^^ I have always loved the bunnyhop mechanics from CSS aswell and played countless hours on bhop Servers. I am very curious what the movement is like in Reflex Arena.

However I see mostly good feedback for RA running stable and being competetive. I also read that the community is rather small wich I think is cool as long as I will find people to play with^^

I rather have a small dedicated skilled community with less cheaters and bullsh1t than a big one.

Can you invite me to the Discord Server maybe? I am using the programm and need a direct invitation to join.

However, nice to meet you Reflex Arena Community :)

Owl, Greed, Jaguar and 5 others like this

Welcome! I have a background similar to yours, so I'm sure you'll enjoy Reflex as much as I do and did back when I started.

The community is indeed quite small - currently it's the smallest it has ever been (for various reasons). Realistically, you'll likely have a hard time finding players of your skill level, although I strongly feel like that will change as the new and much anticipated 1.2 patch comes out. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask them on Discord - most people are very friendly and will give answers, advice and even coaching if you just ask for it. Use the Discord to find people to duel with as well, as it's much faster than the current Matchmaking feature!

https://discord.gg/uThaFhF

NicholasWalters and lolograde like this

On 10/10/2017 at 7:52 PM, Owl said:

www.discord.gg/reflex

This! ^^^

And welcome to Reflex mate, I'm sure you'll have a blast! Put a bit of time into learning the movement system and trickjumps and I'm sure you'll instantly find it rewarding, and when you start mixing it all up with tactics and weapons... :D It's just great fun.

A large chunk of the community hangs out on the official Discord server that Owl linked above, it's very useful for finding games (just ask if anyone wants a game in the #global and/or #newbies channel, and at peak times, you're bound to get at least one response.

Also you might want to check out https://reflexlinks.github.io/, full of useful content. And dare I say it, I have some demo reviews and other Reflex related videos on my little Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/fractaljaguar. A few people have told me my videos have been helpful, so I'm pimping it out :P

Welcome to Reflex bud!

lolograde likes this