Linden

Dedicated Server Hosting

123 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

The dedicated server runs pretty low resources so most of you can likely host from your own computers and play without any noticable performance decrease. However I'm sure some of you are looking for a provider for dedicated game servers that will be up 24/7. I've configured our TCAdmin template to manage and monitor Reflex. I've attached some screenshots of the functioning parts of the template, including the web console monitoring and player and resource usage tracking.

Monthly Pricing:

• 2 Slots $0.56 USD
  • 4 Slots $1.12 USD
  • 6 Slots $1.68 USD
  • 8 Slots $2.24 USD
  • 10 Slots $2.80 USD
  • 12 Slots $3.36 USD
  • 14 Slots $3.92 USD
  • 16 Slots $4.48 USD

We are currently offering Reflex servers in France, Montreal, and Las Vegas. All of our machines are running on Intel Xeon 1620v2 (3.7Ghz) or 1650v2 (3.5Ghz) machines with 64GB of ram available. Every game server includes FTP Access.

You can order here if you're interested. Setup time should be under a minute and you can configure your command line and dedicatedserver.cfg easily through the panel.

Thanks.

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

tehace, pa1ner, namejs2002 and 4 others like this

Cool, I'm wondering how matchmaking will work with lots of servers. They might have to get a dedicated host to get them a cluster for ranked play (like how csgo community vs mm works)

Cool, I'm wondering how matchmaking will work with lots of servers. They might have to get a dedicated host to get them a cluster for ranked play (like how csgo community vs mm works)

If anyone is interested in developing a matchmaking interface I would be more than willing to provide a group of servers for it.

Matchmaking will simply need dedicated servers provided by Reflex, not the community. That's how every good MM operates. Find match -> spawn server -> close server after match.

Regards

noname likes this

Test IPs? 

142.4.201.179:25787 -> Montreal Free for All

76.164.214.27:25787 -> Las Vegas TDM

37.187.158.76:25787 -> France TDM

Do you have any plans for setting up servers in Northern Europe?

The Gravelines, France location is likely the only location we're going to have for the moment. We're working to expand our North American infrastructure first.

Here is a test IP for France though: 37.187.158.76 (If you would like to see how your ping looks.)

as I could not find the info on the website: What are the terms? How do I cancel a subscription, and how long does it have to happen beforehand?

as I could not find the info on the website: What are the terms? How do I cancel a subscription, and how long does it have to happen beforehand?

Marc,

Billing is on a monthly basis, you can cancel whenever you like. Invoices are generated 14 days in advance and you'll get notifications, but you are free to cancel before the invoice due date, or after the invoice due date.

We do not charge any type of cancellation fees.

Hello guys,

We had a couple reports that the file manager within our TCAdmin template wasn't allowing users to access the directory of the reflexded.exe. We've made some changes and this should be fixed now.

If you are still having issues please contact us at support [at] swiftnode.net.

Thank you.

Liam-Swiftnode likes this

I would be interested for an eastern US location.

Hi,

Swiftnode.net does not provide any servers in Eastern US. In the US the available server location at the moment only Las Vegas. A Dallas location is coming soon.

Here is the order page if you are still interested.

Regards,

Liam

I would be interested for an eastern US location.

We have our Montreal location, which provides latency only slightly higher than New York.

Here's a Montreal test IP: 142.4.201.179

Liam-Swiftnode likes this

Do i understand correct that a 2 slot server is 0.40  USD per month? Not surprised, it was said our 8 slot dedicated server took up like not even 1% of the cpu and 20mb of ram lol.

I think this is a pretty good option for all, manage your own server and play the way you want to!

We have our Montreal location, which provides latency only slightly higher than New York.

Here's a Montreal test IP: 142.4.201.179

Is the Montreal location Beauharnois? Just curious because the Gravelines location makes me think you're hosting on OVH? I was actually surprised at how well that location pings for me. I'm 40 minutes out of Toronto, and your Montreal location actually pings better for me than Toronto servers. Dat peering.

Do i understand correct that a 2 slot server is 0.40 USD per month?

StillBlaze,

A 2 slot srver is $0.40 USD. Each slot costs $0.20 USD

Regards,

Liam

Yeah, Arin says it's an OVH IP, which means it's the Beauharnois datacenter. It was a simple enough question.

Hi Storm, Yes we are in both the Gravelines location and the Beauharnois locations OVH provides.

Stormcrow likes this

Thanks Linden! I wasn't being nosey, I've just been thinking about picking up a Kimsufi and was surprised the ping from here is better than Toronto or Buffalo.

Thanks Linden! I wasn't being nosey, I've just been thinking about picking up a Kimsufi and was surprised the ping from here is better than Toronto or Buffalo.

I have not used Kimsufi, even though the parent company is the same. Another you might want to look at is the startups that OVH launched. (http://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/)

We're running on the entreprise servers OVH offers in both Montreal and France. (The permanent DDoS mitigation and firewall rules through their "VAC" (Vacuum) system allows us to block and control the attacks we get.)

But we're happy with the results we've seen from OVH so far.