Linden

Dedicated Server Hosting

123 posts in this topic

I just got one this evening and that was really easy and fast to configure it, thanks ! :)

Great to hear, if you have any issues you can email support [at] swiftnode.net and a ticket will get piped into our system for a technician to respond.

Liam-Swiftnode likes this

Hey guys, some of you have reported the web console feature is quite slow. This is because tcadmin is reading directly from the process window, and sometimes fails to detect.

However I asked newborn for a central logging file like console.log and he said we should get it in the next server patch.

<newborn> its on the list for the next pass on the dedicated server

That will significantly speed up the web console.

Liam-Swiftnode likes this

Prices raised 2.5x? :/

Edit - Word from Mik is that they don't honor prior arrangements, they force you to pay the new rate or they cancel the service. Just get yourself a cheap VPS for like $20 a month instead, you'll be able to host servers at a much cheaper rate and won't have to deal with bad business practice.

Edit2 - Good VPS services : Amazon ($10/mo, $100/yr), SolVPS ($10/mo), SoftSys ($10/mo)

That's certainly quite a bit much suddenly, keeping in mind they don't really have to pay for additional traffic or whatever.

0,50€ per slot....aaalright.

Regards

Edit - Word from Mik is that they don't honor prior arrangements, they force you to pay the new rate or they cancel the service. Just get yourself a cheap VPS for like $20 a month instead, you'll be able to host servers at a much cheaper rate and won't have to deal with bad business practice.

Edit2 - Good VPS services : Amazon ($10/mo, $100/yr), SolVPS ($10/mo), SoftSys ($10/mo)

We are currently we're working on adjusting it to scale according to the response we have from Paypal. The prices do not effect previous customers, their recurring price is the same as the day they order, and it will not change. Any clients that order between now and the paypal resolution will be scaled down appropriately. The change was noted on our gameservers page regarding slots, and in the panel before you order. For more information on the paypal policy I'm referencing visit here: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

The community will see a drop that will be grandfathered to any clients who've ordered within this paypal resolution window. Unfortunately, at the moment the pricing won't return to $0.20 a slot until paypal states the change is warranted.

"cheap"

10 bucks a month for a 256MB VPS!? For fuck's sake, 10 bucks a month will get you a 1 gig Linode. Try BuyVM, SecureDragon, Hostigation, RamNode. If any of those are more than 4 bucks a month or 40 dollars a year for a 256MB OVZ instance I'll eat my hat. I think Hostigation and RamNode offer KVM for that price.

But if you don't want to fuck around with all that, go with SwiftNode. I seriously doubt they're making a ton of money on this deal because the volume isn't there. They're just supporting the community early because they probably like the game and saw an opportunity to make a bit of extra cash selling off the idle margin on their servers for something that doesn't take a lot of resources. The problem is I'm sure their ass is getting eaten off by transaction fees, but they don't want to force people into paying quarterly for yearly a Reflex server to cut it down, and the only alternative is to jack up the monthly rate to cover their costs.

Shit's always cheaper if you do it yourself, but who has time?

Edit: And for crying out loud, if you're going to spend 20 bucks a month, get a dedi from Kimsufi and don't play around with VPSes!

10 bucks a month for a 256MB VPS!? For fuck's sake, 10 bucks a month will get you a 1 gig Linode. Try BuyVM, SecureDragon, Hostigation, RamNode. If any of those are more than 4 bucks a month or 40 dollars a year for a 256MB OVZ instance I'll eat my hat. I think Hostigation and RamNode offer KVM for that price.

Hostigation doesn't have windows servs, nor does ramnode.

Game doesn't have linux client atm so... I dunno. :B

Hey guys,

Paypal finally got back to my ticket about an hour ago, we've been denied a merchant account in advance until monthly they see an average of $3000. (way to look out for the small guys paypal) I've adjusted the pricing again on both the order form, the game servers page, and on the main post here. Anyone who ordered last night while the pricing was increased, you should see that your slots have increased based on the price you paid, it will now be grandfathered to the new pricing. (Any customers who ordered prior to the price changes will never have to pay anything different from what they originally ordered.)

Another note for those of you who ordered last night, if you do not need additional slots, and just want a refund of the difference, please submit a ticket.

And finally, a game panel update, query failures on sv_public 0 servers will no longer send emails. (sorry about that.)

Slots are now $0.28 USD per slot. See opening post for more details and for enquires contact [at] switfnode.net.

Regards,

Liam Benfield

Hi,

Impossible to switch my server to Build 29. Please help me.

Regards

What's your server IP, I will manually update it to the new build.

What's your server IP, I will manually update it to the new build.

37.187.158.76:25867

Thanks a lot !

37.187.158.76:25867

Thanks a lot !

Hey I don't think the new update applies to any portion of the server, just the clients. Are you having trouble connecting?

Hey I don't think the new update applies to any portion of the server, just the clients. Are you having trouble connecting?

You made an update right now but the server is actually in red list of the servers, so my server is not running with the last update "Build 29". I haven't any trouble.

You made an update right now but the server is actually in red list of the servers, so my server is not running with the last update "Build 29". I haven't any trouble.

I'm pretty sure that build 29 is only a client update (so far), are there any servers not shown as red currently? The changelog for 29 so far lists client side changes, I spoke with newborn a week or so ago and the next server update will include logging changes. (which aren't implemented yet)

edit: working on firing up a beta server real quick. I'll respond in a minute with some results.

Linden likes this

I updated your server, the issue is that the reflex team has not pushed the server side update to the dedicated server on steam, but the dedicated server for build 29 is included within the client. (dedicated server is ID: 329740 and the Client is ID: 328070)

I updated your server, the issue is that the reflex team has not pushed the server side update to the dedicated server on steam, but the dedicated server for build 29 is included within the client. (dedicated server is ID: 329740 and the Client is ID: 328070)

Hum... Ok, thanks.

Hum... Ok, thanks.

Let me know if you have anymore issues, we're going to change the update parameters for steamcmd since the client seems to have priority over the reflexded repository. (this will allow you to use the steam update button in the panel next time there's an update like this.)

Addictus likes this

Let me know if you have anymore issues, we're going to change the update parameters for steamcmd since the client seems to have priority over the reflexded repository. (this will allow you to use the steam update button in the panel next time there's an update like this.)

No way for the moment. Thanks for this soon possibility.

Hi, I managed to play the Build 29.0 this night on my dedicated server (I'm french) but just after, an update, 29.1, broked again our games possibilities on our "Arena Server Exclusively" with our Arena maps and that is really frustrating. I really need some help.

Hi, I managed to play the Build 29.0 this night on my dedicated server (I'm french) but just after, an update, 29.1, broked again our games possibilities on our "Arena Server Exclusively" with our Arena maps and that is really frustrating. I really need some help.

Looking into this now.

edit: Replied to your ticket and you should be good to go.

Looking into this now.

edit: Replied to your ticket and you should be good to go.

My server is always in the red list of the Build 29.2 and impossible to connect my GameHosting Interface.