Linden

Dedicated Server Hosting

123 posts in this topic

That's a nice and quick response on implementing that! I assume being able to send console commands to the server remotely is something that will be added in the future? Possibly when the dedicated server is more set in stone?

Yes hopefully, we're already looking into it as a feature.

Daan likes this

Hey guys,

We had some reports of the Dallas location failing to connect to the valve "master" servers which was preventing the servers from showing up on the list.

This has been corrected, if you're still having issues with this please submit a ticket so we can check your individual server.

Are you guys going to host voice servers?

Hi, we have mumble available upon request. We are not planning to extend our voices services other than mumble for the near future.

Hi, we have mumble available upon request. We are not planning to extend our voices services other than mumble for the near future.

*shameless plug*

As a side note if you want to see what the mumbles by swiftnode are like, here's one you could test. It should have a few people on it around the clock.

mumble.heyqtwhatsyour.name - 64738

if its empty and you fancy sticking around for a few hours, you can meet some cool people :)

That's a nice and quick response on implementing that! I assume being able to send console commands to the server remotely is something that will be added in the future? Possibly when the dedicated server is more set in stone?

This has been completed, all clients now have access to what we're calling "Artificial Rcon," it's a little slow but it works great. You can see the commands and the output of the commands in the web console.

Some screen shots of the new script:

mr1AFjO.png

KMW5m6p.png

hB5a0lL.png

Daan likes this

all clients now have access to what we're calling "Artificial Rcon," 

Real talk: people have been calling that a shell for like 50 years.

The term really doesn't matter, but it's not a shell. The screenshot is just cropped, that's a webpage with a black background and a white font. The application has a gui interface you can't see from the game panel.

edit: There's a bug with some spacing on the new script, I'll push out an update to fix it later tonight. (It shoudn't effect most commands, just commands like callvote.)

rcon isn't a shell. This isn't rcon or a shell.

Edit: My original was unnecessarily bitchy, but your post came across a bit twee for being wrong.

Hence 'Artificial rcon'. It is not true remote console access, but definitely simulates remote console access. I don't see why this name is such a hot topic.

Either way, thanks a lot for actually taking the time to implement this workaround until official remote console acess it added.

Hence 'Artificial rcon'. It is not true remote console access, but definitely simulates remote console access. I don't see why this name is such a hot topic.

It's not; this is awesome. One guy being wrong about the name doesn't make it a hot topic.

Hey guys,

Orders are already automated and ready to go in this location. Your server will be deployed and running within 3 minutes of ordering.

Another thing to note that we launched with the PHGP guys is the demo uploads, all servers have access to schedule a task labeled "fast download sync" this will upload all your demos to an ftp server for public use. Like this:

An sleek example the PHGP guys put together is available here: http://tools.phgp.tv/demos

There's a Reflex test server running on 95.141.32.177:23547 currently if you want to check out your ping in game.

Thanks!

Edited by Linden
RAW likes this

I've marked Los Angeles as sold out for the moment with the estimated arrival date set to 5/27/2015. However the machines are en route to the LA facility, whenever they arrive I will be spinning them up as quick as possible.

Small update today for the ReflexFiles.com downloader.

ReflexFilesApi.exe

• Excluded folders from extraction.
  • Excluded .light and .probe.
  • Added overwrite silent flag to extraction.

gd9z4EX.png

Hey guys,

We have received a few reports that Montreal and France were timing out for some users, or pings were unstable. We've worked with OVH and routes were adjusted after the Fiber cut on Nov. 2nd that resolved these issues.

Pings should be solid and routing shouldn't be an issue anymore. If anyone experiences any abnormalities please run an MTR and email it to Calvin [AT] Swiftnode.net.

And some news we haven't announced on our site yet: We are eyeballing Ashburn to further build out our east coast presence.

LKSR likes this

Is the reflexfiles.com download script updated with the new folder structure on Swiftnode?

19 hours ago, LKSR said:

Is the reflexfiles.com download script updated with the new folder structure on Swiftnode?

We planned to patch it today but it got pushed back a bit. Looking to release the update for it tomorrow.

LKSR likes this

On 12/15/2015 at 4:16 AM, LKSR said:

Patch has been released, confirmed working on 38.1

LKSR likes this

Patch released to fix web console on servers ordered after November 6th, 2015. (Only affected new Los Angeles & Dallas servers)

We've released a multi-homing hack that will allow us to change your Reflex server's IP until a proper implementation is added by the Reflex developers. This gives us the ability to swap your server in and out of our more relaxed mitigation zone, or in rare cases, into it depending on attacks. It also allows us to swap the bandwidth carriers, but keep in mind this is only applicable to carriers we have bandwidth blends with. List of possible carriers below by location.

• Los Angeles
    • Internap
    • GTT
    • HE
  • Dallas
    • GTT
    • HE
    • Tinet
  • Montreal
    • Forced to use OVH carriers.
  • France
    • Forced to use OVH carriers. (possible wiggle room for routing via Roubaix or Saarbrücken)

There is currently no way to swap your IP without an administrator doing it, so just toss us a ticket by emailing support AT swiftnode.net, and we'll hop right on it.

2 minutes ago, Linden said:

Had someone submit a ticket regarding replays being served over HTTP. This has been possible for a while but I am not sure if we documented it here. We wrote up a short knowledge base article about it.

http://clients.swiftnode.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=8

Awesome.  Any chance you can give us a list of the Reflex servers that Swiftnode is running?  More server admins need to be aware of this (a lack of readily available replays kind of harms some things the community could be doing).

9 minutes ago, KovaaK said:

Awesome.  Any chance you can give us a list of the Reflex servers that Swiftnode is running?  More server admins need to be aware of this (a lack of readily available replays kind of harms some things the community could be doing).

The most prominent is likely still the PHGPTV servers. Though zEv is inactive and the servers are no longer being managed their old replays are still being served from our network.

http://tools.phgp.tv/demos/

I'd prefer if our clients posted their own download links since it includes their first name and last initial. A lot of our clients are not currently taking advantage of this feature yet anyway, hopefully that changes now that we've documented it a bit.

Stupid question.. Where in the swiftnode userpanel are the replays stored to? I dont find any "replays" folder from he main reflex dir or where they would be on my actual PC. I thought swiftnode don't store replays because of the size. Does it store them for every server?