Reflex Monthly Cups NA#5, Map Pool Changes, Rule Changes, and CR2 Changes
Announcing Reflex Monthly Cup NA#5 The date for the fifth rotation of the North American cups is finalized!
Start Time : Sunday, April 29th, 2018 at 02:00 PM EST (UTC-5) Stream : TBA, please message @DazedSpartan#3488 if interested Bracket : https://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/RMCNA5 Sign-up : https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/xsoKq8mnn2 Communication : https://discord.gg/CepJUfS Prizepool : https://matcherino.com/tournaments/10617
Thank you to donators and we hope to see you all on tournament day!
Changes to RMC After 4 complete rotations, we have decided to make some changes to various aspects of RMC including map pool, map selection, server selection, and ruleset. All following changes are effective immediately: Map Pool Abandoned Shelter (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608404670)
Map Selection System :
The following map picking system will now be used :
- Use the 'roll' command in console to determine which player drops first. (The player with the highest roll is the roll Winner)
W: Roll winner
L: Roll loser
- BO3 : Pick(W)-Pick(L)-Drop(W)-Drop(L) - The remaining map is the tiebreaker map (Maps are played in order of picks).
- BO1 : Drop(L)-Drop(W)-Drop(W)-Drop(L) - The remaining map after drops is the map to be played.
https://reflex.fun/rmc_rules#MapSelectionSystem This Pick-Pick system rather than Drop-Drop system will lead to more variety and force players to practice the entire pool as there is a risk of the opponent forcing any map.
Cross Region Server Selection Rules :
- EU Editions :
EU_player vs NA_player matches are played on a London (UK) server. If the EU player's ping is higher than 80ms on the London (UK) server, a Frankfurt (DE) server is used.
- NA editions :
NA_player vs EU_player matches are played on a New Jersey (East) server. If the NA player's ping is higher than 80ms on the New Jersey (East) server, a Chicago (Central) server is used.
- Manipulating/Inflating ping to mislead admins will result in a disqualification from the tournament. https://reflex.fun/rmc_rules#Servers
This rule change will help west NA players have a greater advantage when playing against an EU player in an NA edition. CR2 Ruleset changes :
The latest CR2 ruleset changes will be used in future RMC events :
- Rocket ammo has been increased from 4/8/16 to 5/10/20 (Box/Wep/Max)
- The CR2_team ruleset has been synced with the CR2 ruleset, it appeared ammo changes did not prove useful, there is now only a single ruleset.
Thank you for supporting competitive Reflex and see you at RMC NA#5 on April 29th!