memphis

Parkour Station - Movement tutorial - 17/01 update 2017

Hello everyone !

The parkourstation_alpha can be found in workshop now! I leave the new parkourstation file in this thread for those who want to test the map however it isn't fully functional, use at your own risk!

props to seekax, saboo, santile, smik3r, addictus, promeus, nathan, warlord wossman, def and all the people who has been testing and playing the map, thanks.

(DOWNLOAD AT BOTTOM OF THE POST)

HOW TO INSTALL:

- Place parkourstation_beta6 into .../steam/SteamApps/common/Reflex/maps
- Next time you launch the game you will be able to find it in the menu, don't forget to select mode RACE. (you can just do /map parkourstation_beta6 as well 

If you think this map is too easy/boring, check out other maps like:

parkourstation_beta6.map

this is a really good idea. is there anyway to display text for a short description of what the player needs to do to progress in the game yet? i think a one liner would be helpful for new players

I like the concept. The colours help in working out direction. Would like to seen it get harder with each room, seems a bit easy on the last two rooms, if they got that far maybe more of a challenge would be better.

Anyway over all very good

it's great having beta-ish maps in reflex, looking forward to harder ones

the advanced levels are already hard, the expert levels are more frustrating : P

also, the new rooms are also speedrunneable, shortcuts and so on are marked in other colours.

here two screenshots from doublejump room, old and new version:

http://imgur.com/a/DLuOx

yeah I found some shortcuts already, still made it through all of them fairly easily. been jumping around on the one that mew made which has some devilish stuff in it. the color coding beta style is very nice id like to watch some new players try to navigate it and see the learning process

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's no lights so after I built the lightmap it's completely dark LOL

It's an alpha version, the better one is coming soon. It crashes because the map is huge and demanding for the engine. Try to enter editor mode and modify stuff as well, i think the game goes crazy.

I just wanna know if new players can learn these techniques.

It's an alpha version, the better one is coming soon. It crashes because the map is huge and demanding for the engine. Try to enter editor mode and modify stuff as well, i think the game goes crazy.

I just wanna know if new players can learn these techniques.

I say yes new players could and would use this map to learn to play. You have gone far and beyound making a PDF file explaining every thing in an easy and concise way.

I would keep working on it and making it more optimal. I'm sure once the dev's have optimised the engine the map will play ok.

I will point new players to this map as its very easy to understand

Thanks!

This kind of map + the PDF could go a long way to help the newcomers to the genre by making the learning curve less intimidating. Really good stuff!

the map is basically a conversion of the learning curve into a learning stair, step by step