memphis

Parkour Station - Movement tutorial - 17/01 update 2017

This is my second take recording so I kind of had the tricks figured out at this point. I have a pretty basic understanding of air control, double jumping, and strafe jumping. 

cool it's great to watch people learning map seems to work well!

This is my second take recording so I kind of had the tricks figured out at this point. I have a pretty basic understanding of air control, double jumping, and strafe jumping. 

nice! thanks for sharing

btw I made a map on this to run on the server and it lagged really really badly running @ 3-12fps. Some sort of bug? No idea. 

Not a bug. Remember that this game is in early Alpha and not optimised yet, The map is quite big so it might run slow on some machines. Once they have done some engine optimisation then big maps will run a lot better.

Dude nice!

Casual scrub speedrun showing a lot of shortcuts and stuff.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's no lights so after I built the lightmap it's completely dark LOL

For me too

Edit: I have lot of fun with your map, thank you.

PS: sorry for spam. :F

this looks familiar :P

there is a lot of work involved here thanks for your contribution, keep making it prettier though !

also, wow,is it crazy to see a completely new person learning for the first time

this is what happens after doing it for 12 years lol

New version out ! Parkourstation-b50 ! CHECK THE FIRST POST !

Thanks a lot for the interest guys, I am pleased even some of you posted gameplays of it and so on! I'd appreciate more feedback since i am working on a guide i'd like to post on steam reflex page.

Atm i am working on advanced rooms but it's too chaotic for now, I want to come up with a proper design from the notes i have been taking.

keep posting these videos please, they help me watching how to optimize routes and so on !

hf!!

I tested it out, it looks REALLY good definitely enough to hold peoples attention and motivate them to complete it. I was able to do all the sections up to the ladder (cool use of water) without using the strafe keys so difficulty seems low enough. the jump pad to rampjump course at the end was a pretty big jump in difficulty for sure. Also I havent read the pdf and was able to tell what you meant with the circles/posts so seems pretty intuitive which is good. the map hung for like 30 seconds for me before loading, which is weird since my other map has like 375k and doesnt lag at start at all. Did you add any secrets yet:)

Hey memphis, what did you change with this new version?  Did you just modify existing rooms?

I like how you had a simple theme going for the first version (forward key only).  I think it helps people wrap their heads around what's going on with the physics.  I'd really like to see rooms that forced you to do some quick air control turns in combination with circle/strafe jumps.  That's where I need the most practice.

Good work and good luck.

Hey memphis, what did you change with this new version?  Did you just modify existing rooms?

I like how you had a simple theme going for the first version (forward key only).  I think it helps people wrap their heads around what's going on with the physics.  I'd really like to see rooms that forced you to do some quick air control turns in combination with circle/strafe jumps.  That's where I need the most practice.

Good work and good luck.

I gave a new look to the map, the main task was to make it more linear thru the main room ( you can skip rooms if you know how to make the tricks), I have actually made a few advanced rooms but i want it all connected atm it's too chaotic.

thanks for feedback guys.

The new version keeps crashing my game? I do map parkourstation-b50, it loads then freezes.... anyone else having this prioblem?

EDIT: cancel that, it just takes a while to load on my PC

That last jump in the t3 (tall) secret room. Pls help

What secret rooms? maybe u sneaked into an advancer room? screenshot?

The new version keeps crashing my game? I do map parkourstation-b50, it loads then freezes.... anyone else having this prioblem?

be patient, just let it load and don't touch minimize or anything