memphis

Parkour Station - Movement tutorial - 17/01 update 2017

This is amazing! Thanks a lot Memphis, it is exactly what I need.

Currently stuck on the bunnyhopping + strafing jump (around 0:24 in the video above me), I should probably not be feeling so challenged so early on haha.

This is amazing! Thanks a lot Memphis, it is exactly what I need.

Currently stuck on the bunnyhopping + strafing jump (around 0:24 in the video above me), I should probably not be feeling so challenged so early on haha.

glad you found it useful and I appreciate your insight:

i think bunnyhopping needs a couple of fixes and strafejumping... well it is a tricky technique... i am working on it to find an easier learning curve.

cheers

I actually decided to skip that one (the strafing was so hard for me, I never made it to the 3rd platform, because by the second one I would always hit a wall or lose my bunnyhopping pattern.

The learning curve seems much better for the stairjumps, I made my way through those fairly well. I should be going to bed now .... or I could try the ramp jumps .... screw you videogames.

That 90 degree teleporter jump has given me nothing but grief.  It was all pretty easy until I got to that point.  The strafe columns above the lava were no joke too.  Some tough sections, great map!

Thanks, memphis - as a newbie this is extremely helpful. I was able to complete all of the rooms, but not without struggling in a few parts; it mostly came down to consistency issues.

I look forward to eventually being able to do a full run in ~2 minutes instead of 20. :blink:

I've completed the full map a couple times now. Two questions:

For the last teleport in the main hub, I enter the tele with a telejump, land on the jump pad, bunnyhop on the next pad and then there's a ramp jump. Should I be approaching this ramp at an angle or straight on (perpendicular? English is my second language)? I keep bumping into the ramp instead of jumping it I feel like, and when I do do a ramp jump, I won't have enough height some of the times.

For the final jump in the entire map, the diagonal over lava. Is this a circle jump? Do I have to strafe jump to approach it? Does it have to do with clinging to the wall and strafing slightly into it for more speed? I've been rocket jumping over this one lol.

I've completed the full map a couple times now. Two questions:

For the last teleport in the main hub, I enter the tele with a telejump, land on the jump pad, bunnyhop on the next pad and then there's a ramp jump. Should I be approaching this ramp at an angle or straight on (perpendicular? English is my second language)? I keep bumping into the ramp instead of jumping it I feel like, and when I do do a ramp jump, I won't have enough height some of the times.

For the final jump in the entire map, the diagonal over lava. Is this a circle jump? Do I have to strafe jump to approach it? Does it have to do with clinging to the wall and strafing slightly into it for more speed? I've been rocket jumping over this one lol.

thanks ! forgot to cover this one at ramps!

i'll add something like this to the pdf: http://i.imgur.com/dziwzTC.png

however that section leading to circlejumping and strafejumping will likely change after some playtesting

don't worry about that last room, i have been testing with a friend who's quite noob and i had few ideas how to make it "easier". You were supposed to keep strafejumping all the way down to the corridor, I think i came up with a better alternative

b50 has some missing textures and could use a complete rework on exterior surfaces using nolight.  You've done a good job of avoiding wall collisions.  Should help speed up performance.

6 missing: structural/minimal/materials/lights/lights_white

18 missing: structural/industrial/materials/metal/metal_fence_chainlink

Found myself continually overshooting jumps.  Had as much trouble trying to slow down as beginners would have trying to speed up.  A lot of jumps required very little to no speed increases.  I'd forgotten how low a brand new player's skill level was until someone came into Deflex and couldn't even make a full straight jump let alone a circle jump.  Parkour Station is an excellent run course for all beginners.

picard_clapping.gif

I had a lot of fun just running through it.  The only thing I didn't like was how short it was.  I can run through in less than 2 minutes. :(  Would love to see it expanded so it takes about 5 minutes to complete.  Until advanced run courses come out this really fills that hole in my heart for defrag again.  Thank you.

That is an edited movie with multiple runs stitched together.  Just a representation of how fast I can do it if I cared to run the map 1000 times like a normal defrag map. I'm sure it can be done faster no problem.  I'd estimate the fastest someone could possibly complete the map is close to 1:10. 

That large gap at 1:15 leading up to the triple jump gave me problems because it's not spaced properly.  The gap distance is fine. It's the distance between the gap and the upcoming double jump is too short so I overshot it every time it was extremely frustrating to deal with.  So I chose to skip it and go straight for a triple jump instead.  To me that was the hardest section of the map.  The triple jump is not as fluid but it can actually be faster and less frustrating than attempting the double jump multiple times.

Awesome map congratulations.  You could speed up performance a lot by using nolight and reworking parts of the map but honestly the map plays surprisingly well regardless locally anyway.

Hi,

Big thanks for this map! :)

On "[FR] Vil1 Defrag Server Exclusively" : 37.187.158.76:25787 ;)

Regards

thanks ! unfortunately my pc died when i finally got a new place & internet so my work on this has stopped once again...

Hi,

Like I saw many beginners like this map and need to train it because it's already difficult for them I change the Default map (B0_reflex) on my Defrag serv' by it ! ;)

This map is really pretty for learn, thanks. :)

Waiting for a bigger version! :D

Regards

Hi,

Like I saw many beginners like this map and need to train it because it's already difficult for them I change the Default map (B0_reflex) on my Defrag serv' by it ! ;)

This map is really pretty for learn, thanks. :)

Waiting for a bigger version! :D

Regards

unfortunately my pc has died right after i recovered of a broken hand and two months without internet, i can't run reflex on my laptop.

i promise i'll get to map asap

FIRST POST UPDATED WITH LINK:

https://mega.co.nz/#!95QmkJbI!z3YUqF5etiyW9czbJMfydroW0BTS6Jo9EicseDdta-w

PARKOURSTATION-B64

Would be awesome if someone made a run on video showing the new rooms

Hi,

Updated on "[FR] Vil1 Defrag Server Exclusively" : 37.187.158.76:25787 ;)

Big thanks! We just finish it, keep up the good work!